AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Drich290195

Alarm Problem

6 posts in this topic

Whenever i use the spare key (not remote one) to open the doors the alarm goes of. The only way to kill it is to turn the ignition barrel. When i use the normal remote key its fine. Yet when i open with the spare one then open any door of it goes. Any ideas ?

there is an option to disable the alarm system via door key in ELMConfig. if you have access to a ELM327 maybe you could try enabling that option and see if it helps.

That's the standard thing.

It's designed to stop someone accessing your car with an unauthorised key.

As the manual unlocking of a door does not involve any programmed part of a key it's set that way.

It ensures that any key used to open the car has a programmed transponder in it not just a cut blade.

Ah right suppose that makes sense so the key fob cuts the alarm , surely they could put a transponder in the spare key to stop the alarm going off

There is a transponder which is why the alarm switches off when the key is in the ignition and turned to position one.

Without a transponder the key would not start the car.

As Stoney says. If you lock the car with your remote key, and unlock it with the same key without using the remote (use the lock) it will go off as well. Every car I have had (not just Fords) the alarm will go off if you lock it with the remote and unlock with the key.