Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Retrofitted Power Fold Mirrors?

clubber

I'm thinking of fitting the power fold mirrors off an RS to my ST.

I have established that I need the mirrors with integrated puddle lights, a new switch for activating the mirrors and modified ELM to activate it all in the GEM

Was wondering if anyone has done it before or has a link to a guide. There is a guy over at focusstoc that has done it but his guide isn't very good

http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/topic/110004-power-fold-mirrors/

• 7 months later...

I'm thinking of fitting the power fold mirrors off an RS to my ST.

I have established that I need the mirrors with integrated puddle lights, a new switch for activating the mirrors and modified ELM to activate it all in the GEM

Was wondering if anyone has done it before or has a link to a guide. There is a guy over at focusstoc that has done it but his guide isn't very good

http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/topic/110004-power-fold-mirrors/

what you mean .not very good lol

I think I heard of a few people doing it, but I dont believe I have seen any guides though...

Have a look in the Focus Guides section, there might be something bured somewhere?

I want to do this mod too, i have no idea what the original switch looks like or where it goes

My little how to, I have circled the pin locations in red, click the pictures for close ups.

you need to have front door modules for this to work,and obviously power fold mirror will need turning on with elm

1 wire goes from the mirror plug pin 8

post-37776-0-41029400-1374600765_thumb.j

to the blue plug in the Driver Door Module (DDM), pin number 14

post-37776-0-82189100-1374773108_thumb.j

A 2nd wire goes from the new power fold switch/sensor switch, pin 3

post-37776-0-94434000-1374601320_thumb.j

to the black plug on the DDM, pin number 17

post-37776-0-44095900-1374600751_thumb.j

The new power fold switch/sensor switch is FINIS number 1496128 and looks like this, I ordered this from FordPartsUK

this is done between clubber and myself hope clubber dont mind me putting this up

This is the picture of the switch, FINIS number 1496128

post-36281-0-61383500-1374782532_thumb.j

Silly question but... where does that switch go?

Silly question but... where does that switch go?

goes on the door card near the mirror

My little how to, I have circled the pin locations in red, click the pictures for close ups.

you need to have front door modules for this to work,and obviously power fold mirror will need turning on with elm

1 wire goes from the mirror plug pin 8post-37776-0-41029400-1374600765_thumb.j

to the blue plug in the Driver Door Module (DDM), pin number 14post-37776-0-82189100-1374773108_thumb.j

A 2nd wire goes from the new power fold switch/sensor switch, pin 3post-37776-0-94434000-1374601320_thumb.j

to the black plug on the DDM, pin number 17post-37776-0-44095900-1374600751_thumb.j

The new power fold switch/sensor switch is FINIS number 1496128 and looks like this, I ordered this from FordPartsUK

this is done between clubber and myself hope clubber dont mind me putting this up

How did you fit the wire into the holes? What sort of pins did you use or are they push fit?

get the wires from breaker or look in maplin .you need 3 female and 1 male terminal

I fitted mine this way as I only need to add the one wire :)

Like already stated you need to have front door modules for this to work, if you have global open/close windows you will have these modules fitted ,and obviously power fold mirror will need turning on with elm

1 wire goes from the mirror plug pin 8

post-37776-0-41029400-1374600765_thumb.j

to the blue plug in the Driver Door Module (DDM), pin number 14

post-37776-0-82189100-1374773108_thumb.j

Then fit the drivers power folding mirror and refit the trims

There is no need to do anything to the passenger side only fit the new power folding mirror

Then fit the RS power fold switch that's incorporated in the electric window / mirror switch is FINIS number 1693643 cost 44.28

IMG_0465_zps53bf2f93.jpg

And away you go :)

• Like 1

tezz.do you know a way to get them to fold with key fob ?

tezz.do you know a way to get them to fold with key fob ?

John

I'm looking it to this so will update you as and when :)

• 4 months later...

John

I'm looking it to this so will update you as and when :)

this is under way know tezza

When you guys say module do you mean plug?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

I don't have global open/close is it still possible to to do this?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

I will have to look into this with more details on what these modules are because it could already be on the car, looking at some pics from when i took my door mirror off i can see the connector is missing 2 wires based on your pics john

it looks like this the box on the window motor

post-32857-0-43178400-1385758435_thumb.j

• Like 1

Looking at pics from previous mods it seems i don't have the module but it seems i have the wiring, not sure tbh will have to double check the wiring colours on the schematics

Don't think the door module is here. However is that bit of wire wrapped in fabric tape for it? i don't remember if it was connected to anything.

xpn7.jpg

These are the wiring from the door going to the mirror connector

vidr.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
06zv.jpg

Going back and forth comparing my wiring to yours i do think the wiring for global closing/opening is actually there. Do you by any chance know the part number for that door module and does the passenger side also require one?

Going back and forth comparing my wiring to yours i do think the wiring for global closing/opening is actually there. Do you by any chance know the part number for that door module and does the passenger side also require one?

you need a module in both front doors.youd probably need new door looms.cost would be crazy

Guys, can anyone tell me if the mirrors with puddle light (from RS i think) have powerold as standard? Can you get puddle lights without powerfold?

I got my hands on 8M51 17682 VB. Can anyone tell me if that has powerfold and how can i tell visually? Thanks

Check the wires, one of the connections has 2 wires going into it.