Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Retrofitted Power Fold Mirrors?

clubber

Does that help?

post-29590-0-81694300-1386275529_thumb.j

On the connector, i have 7 out of 8 pins populated.

Also, i have three connectors available, and i imagine that one is for puddle, one for indicator and the ones on the top left for the heated mirror. Correct?

8M51 17682 VB are not power folding but they do have puddle lights

8M51 17682 TC are the power folding with puddle lights

I see... Great! thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...

my mirrors are now auto folding.so much better how they should come from ford.

• Like 1

my mirrors are now auto folding.so much better how they should come from ford.

Well done, how did you acheive this? I'm hoping to do this to the wifes' Titanium though you're the first I've heard manage it.

Well done, how did you acheive this? I'm hoping to do this to the wifes' Titanium though you're the first I've heard manage it.

There has been a loads of people that have had this done is just the matter of getting the correct programme and the correct interface to do it as the EML is not capable of doing this yet

If anyone don't have the door modules to fit the folding mirrors the best place to get them is eBay and the looms from fords are £50 each

So you will also be getting one touch up/down also with the power folding mirrors

If anyone's interested I can get a set of the power folding mirrors with puddle lamps for £210 posted for the pair :)

• Like 1

joined the guys on rs owners club in group buy on a unit from Russia .it plugs in obd port and programs the door modules

joined the guys on rs owners club in group buy on a unit from Russia .it plugs in obd port and programs the door modules

Found the thread thanks, anyone in Glasgow/Central Scotland have the programming module?

There has been a loads of people that have had this done is just the matter of getting the correct programme and the correct interface to do it as the EML is not capable of doing this yet

If anyone don't have the door modules to fit the folding mirrors the best place to get them is ebay and the looms from fords are £50 each

So you will also be getting one touch up/down also with the power folding mirrors

If anyone's interested I can get a set of the power folding mirrors with puddle lamps for £210 posted for the pair :)

Tezza, are you able to get good prices on Kuga power fold mirrors? It would be the bare bodies only I would be after.

Thanks

Ben

Found the thread thanks, anyone in Glasgow/Central Scotland have the programming module?

its being passed around to different areas scotland wil get it at some point .

Cheers Tezza :)

I did see those on eBay but they are non-genuine, so I am worried about how well they fit as pattern parts rarely fit properly.

• 1 month later...

Hi All.

Just finished installing my new powerfold mirrors and replacing the in-door / arm-rest switch set, the one with the power window buttons in, to my 2010 MK2.5 Titanium Focus.

All went very well, I got a brand new complete pair of mirrors that are powerfolding, heated have puddle light and side indicators from Kba-carlighting-mirrors on eBay, ordered them and delivered two days later, then the switch i had to order direct from ford, I phoned them with the Finis code and was told the part is classed as 'refered' this meant it had to come from Germany so I expected a long delay, but no, it was here in three days. Anyway fitted both mirrors and the switch the hardest thing being the removing of the doorcard to enable the install of the one cable from the mirror plug to the door module, then final thing was the activation to get it all working, I use the Elm327 to do this activating both the passenger and driver door modules then the puddle lights. All for less than £190.00 and a couple of hours work. ''Job done''

Next is to find out how to get them to fold in/out when locking/unlocking the car via remote.

Any idea's

There a great upgrade :) Mine now fold with the remote, but you have to buy a different adaptor called UCDS cost me £100 and you have to buy a credit to do this :( but im making some of my money back with doing this to mates that want them folding via remote :)

Tessa

Using this UCDS adaptor does it just re-configure the modules fitted to the car, or do you also have to carry out any other wiring mods

I would be very interested in having them folding via the remote.

I will have to take a look at the cars wiring schematic to try to fathom out what alterations it preforms to achive this, must be some kind of pulse from locking module.

There a great upgrade :) Mine now fold with the remote, but you have to buy a different adaptor called UCDS cost me £100 and you have to buy a credit to do this :( but im making some of my money back with doing this to mates that want them folding via remote :)

Any plans to be in Central Scotland? I'm looking to enable remote powerfold on the wife's 59 Titanium. It has factory powerfold, is it likely to need 'the wire'?

To make them fold with the remote you need no extra wiring :) the UCDS adator plugs in the diag port and a sequence of flashing light starts then after 3 mins the adptor is removed and you have to do a sequence with the mirror switch and windows and thats it :)

I have no idea what the UCDS is doing but i did try the sequence first with out the adaptor but it did not work :(

It reprograms the drivers door module, so that when it locks it sends a signal via canbus to make them fold.

I have contacted UCDS several times but never heard back as I want one for when I fit powerfolds to my Kuga.

Tezza, do you have to hold the lock button to get them to fold, or just lock it normally?

Ben,

Just lock it normally :)

Keep on to them as it took me 3 months to get one

That's a shame as I would prefer it done it when you wanted not every time you lock it. I think it would be better if you had to hold the lock button like with the windows.

Tezza

Any chance you could PM me that sequence it's got to be worth a long shot, I had to enable the power fold bit via the Elm unit may it will do something,

I have posted on the guide section to see if anybody has any other ways to do it. I am sure it must be a case of pulsing the fold /unfold cables via the lock /unlock signal from the door module just wish I understood the control strategy a little better, we must have some clever tecky guys in the forum that can assist with a few pointers, worse case I will have to wait to see if I can obtain a UCDS unit.

Cheers

This is the instruction once you have removed the UCDS adaptor

START ENGINE - LEAVE A MINUTE OR SO UNTIL ON LOW IDLE

STOP ENGINE

PRESS START - DON'T START ENGINE - OPEN WINDOWS

PULL BOTH WINDOWS CLOSE WHILE PRESSING RIGHT ARROW ON ROCKER SWITCH (LEFT ARROW IS TO DEACTIVATE IF/WHEN YOU NEED TO)

PRESS START TO TURN OFF

DOUBLE LOCK ON THE FOB WHILE IN THE CAR - MIRRORS SHOULD FOLD.

IF THEY DON'T THE FIRST TIME, YOU MIGHT NEED TO UNLOCK THEN DOUBLE LOCK AGAIN

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Anyone know where i can get a set of mirrors fron i have an 08 plate mk2.5 titanium.

Cheers

Michael

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app

Hi Skyshaddow.

I got mine of eBay from a company called Kba-carlighting-mirrors, a quick search should be all you need. They sell many different types, very quick delivery all fitted fine, now have the two i took off to sell.