Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Juddering And Various Dash Lights

Scouseford

Hi there,

I have a Focus 1.6 Ghia (51 plate 80,000) and after having 3 trouble free years it is now developing some problems :

Air Bag warning light comes on and goes off every few seconds, now the Door open warning Light does the same (also when the door open warning comes on my screen heaters will go off

Heater Fan only works on number 4, I replaced the resistor pack a few months back( new from fords) but it blew again a week later)

the Car now Judders under accelerlation particularly through 2nd and third and noticed that it does it when the Door open sign comes on.

It has just recently passed the Mot with only a new Wishbone needed and had a new Air Filter Fitted .

Obviously I am worried about the expense as it is right before xmas !

Thanks for any help offered.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to be getting worse, drove about 8 miles today and it Juddered all the way there and back and the engine light has come on (and stays on) but interestingly the Door open sign has gone, there is also a very faint cliccking soun when accelerating (which is when the juddering is worse) hope someone can help ?

apologies that it has taken so long for you to get a reply, unfortunately posts do go un noticed (as i have done) or people do not know the answer.

I reckon you probably have an answer or a cure by now but what you are experiencing is a misfire which has confused the gem module which plays havoc on everything it controls. if you google this you will see what im on about...

disconnecting the battery for a few minutes will reset the ecu and probably allow everything to function again but will no doubt happen again until you sort the misfire.

as for the misfire i would check out the plugs, leads and coil pack

does your window wipers/screenwash function correctly? heated rear screen? interior light and door chime?

i would suggest you get the car's fault codes read, and also maybe get an auto electrician to look at it, Sounds like you have a number of electrical issues.. Aswell as a misfire... id start with spark plugs...

Thanks so much Guys for getting back...it just seems like eveything is going a bit nuts on the Car now...so here is an update :

Stll juddering away/lack of power and clicking on acceleration

Door open sign is back to it's old tricks(and when this happens there is a loud clicking behind the glove box)

Electric Mirrors have stopped working

Rear wiper stopped but has decided to work again

Screen heaters go off when the door open sign comes on

Doors have randomly locked whilst driving a couple of times

Fan only works on 4 despite changing the resistor pack witha new Ford one only for it to blow again..

seems to be using more petrol than usual

Engine light has stayed on since it came on

I have not been able to take to a garage as it has happened right on xmas and with 3 kids I just don't have the cash tbh so was hoping to have a go myself if at all poss

I have been advised to get an F super and someone else said and OBD 2 meter (which one is it ?) to connect to my laptop

Leads seem ok so will dissconnect the battery and then replace the coil pack if you agree that wou;d be the best order to try things ?

Once again thanks

there are some interesting issues here... i'd say there is definitely something wrong electrical wise...

Liverpool.

Ok mate, rules out what I was going to suggest then lol

• 3 weeks later...

I fitted a new Coil Pack and all now seems well, no dash lights and Car running smooth so cheers Guys...saved me a packet.