• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 steve74

steve74

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.25 Zetec

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

This tip should work for all Mk7 Fiestas - I have the 2010 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec ('10 Reg).

Last week I was driving into work, minding my own business, when all of a sudden the seatbelt warning light lit up on the dash and warning alarm sounded - scared the hell out of me! I was on my own in the car and had my seatbelt on (obviously!), but every 30 seconds or so the alarm kept sounding - highly annoying.

I pulled over as soon as I could and unbuckled the seatbelt and put it back in and out a few times, seemed OK so I set off again and sure enough the light lit up again and the buzzer sounded!! Anyway, I was near work at that stage so I kept going. When I pulled into the car park, I switched off the ignition and waited a few seconds, put my seat belt on, started the car again and did a slow tour of the car park - the alarm sounded again, so I thought OK, something's gone wrong here, a sensor or a switch.

I called my local Ford dealer, Evans Halshaw, to book it in, but they could only look at it the next week and I had a weekend away planned with a 2-hour trip each way - highly annoying with an alarm going off every 30 seconds!! Anyway, I'll get to the point now..

I asked to be put through to the mechanics (or "technicians" as Evans call them!), and asked them if there was a way to at least turn the alarm off. After asking someone else in the garage (sorry, "workshop"!), he said there was a better way...

Reset the seatbelt warning system on Mk7 Fiesta:

1. With the key out, insert it into the ignition and turn it so that the dash lights up (don't start the engine!)
2. Buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 9 times (yes, it has to be exactly 9 times, don't ask me why!)
3. The seatbelt warning light should flash briefly to indicate a reset.
4. Turn off ignition and take key out.
5. Now try putting the seatbelt on and driving away, hopefully it will be reset now.

As it turned out, when I returned to the car after work, everything was fine so I didn't need to actually perform this tip, but I've got a feeling this might return at a later date, so it's useful to know for the future!

Hope this tip helps someone avoid a trip to the dealer.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Mordey

Mordey

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Ford Model: 2010 Fiesta zs

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

Doing this will disable the warning chimes completely. ie. it won't sound even when belt is unbuckled while your driving.

#3 steve74

steve74

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.25 Zetec

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

I don't believe it does, at least going by what the guy said over the phone, it just resets the system if it's not functioning correctly. You can silence the alarms via the centre console menu, but the resetting procedure is different to that.

Like I say, I'm only going by what the Ford Technician said to me - I didn't have to actually perform the reset as it was OK later on that day after I'd finished work.

I just thought I'd post the tip for others who search for this on the forums. Hope it helps someone.

#4 Stoney871

Stoney871

Resident Peacekeeper

• Super Mod
  • 13,999 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 1.8 TDCI Sport
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

Afaik that procedure only works until the ignition is switched off i.e. One trip.

#5 Mordey

Mordey

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

post 5

http://www.fordowner...-switch-it-off/

Please always wear your belt though..

Stays off even after ignition is switched off and back on.

#6 White_ZS_TDCI

White_ZS_TDCI

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Name: Craig
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
  • Year: 2010

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

I have a Zetec S TDCI 2010, There is no noise if i try driving without my seatbelt on. Should there be!?

#7 Mordey

Mordey

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

I have a Zetec S TDCI 2010, There is no noise if i try driving without my seatbelt on. Should there be!?

If the previous owner has turned the chimes off using the method in post 5 of my last thread i believe doing it again will turn them back on.

Let us know how you get on.

#8 black_storm

black_storm

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name: Orhan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta TDCI
  • Year: 2006

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:13 PM

this option same with mark 6 ?

#9 M4RC

M4RC

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • Name: Marc
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 TDCI MK7
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:38 PM

This doesn't reset it, it will disable it completely until you repeat this process

#10 black_storm

black_storm

• Budding Enthusiast
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name: Orhan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta TDCI
  • Year: 2006

Posted 12 March 2014 - 10:39 PM

on my mk6 it is disabled now. but ı want active it. how can ı do ?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users