17 replies to this topic

#16 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S Mountune
Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:45 PM

Hi, it was when I was in stationary traffic, in first gear just making small movements forward and the clutch was going up and down (iyswim), the ka had over 5k on the clock.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 DONFRAMAC

DONFRAMAC

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk6 1.25 Zetec Climate '58 reg

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:53 AM

Larger engines in the Fiesta/Focus ranges use a different 'box, the MTX. I first got some improvement in my 'box by pumping the clutch pedal, thinking the splines of the 'box input shaft were rough, or those on the flywheel, or even some air in the hydraulic fluid in the clutch release linkage. This did seem to have some effect. My home is subject to salt-spray blown along the street from the north Atlantic, which rusts the brake discs overnight, so it could be rusting these splines also.
I am still in the habit of pumping the clutch before the 1st start-up, and the clutch has to be disengaged for ALL starting anyway, according to the manual.

#18 60+

60+

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Ford Model: mk7 fiesta 1.25 zetec

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:16 AM

Hi everyone

We have a New Shape 2008 Fiesta 1.25 Zetec (manual). Delighted with it except for ......

When crawling in traffic and stopping and starting using 1st gear there is a very obvious "whirring" noise from the transmission. The noise is speed dependent and gets faster/higher in pitch with increasing speed. It's not the clutch, as engaging/disengaging this makes no difference; the noise is always present while a gear is selected i.e. not in neutral. Popping the gear selector into neutral makes the noise go away (even if the car is moving), as does bringing the car to a complete standstill with a gear still selected. The symptoms are also exhibited in 2nd gear. I can't tell if it's the same in higher gears as wind and road noise take over.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing? It sounds gearbox related to me?

Many thanks

hi, just to let you know that i have had my car repaired again and this time it seems o.k , i have done about 250 miles since the repair and the whirring has not returned. they replaced the input shaft and the 5th gear or was it the input shaft on 5th gear either way i am happy with the result. have you had any luck getting yours sorted.
regards 60+

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users