Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How To Get Power Wire From Battery Through Bulkhead

malcolm159

Hi, any one know how to get a wire through the bulkhead on a fiesta 2009 titainium r/h drive.I want to run a wire with fuse direct from the battery to inside the car to connect a radio up I,m a radio ham and need the power direct from the battery.I,ve a had a look and its seems the main wiring harness goes through the bulkhead behind the battery but cant see where it is inside the car even when taking out glovebox I think its behind the passenger airbag and don't really want to remove this.

Can any one help me ???

Thanks in advance.

Regards malcolm

If you push a wire coat hanger (carefully) through the rubber grommet where the loom runs through the bulkhead and get a mate to wriggle it about while you look for it behind the glove compartment, (you may need a torch) you can tape the wire to the coat hanger then pull it through. its tricky and you may need a few tries and you may have to get right into the footwell to see

If you push a wire coat hanger (carefully) through the rubber grommet where the loom runs through the bulkhead and get a mate to wriggle it about while you look for it behind the glove compartment, (you may need a torch) you can tape the wire to the coat hanger then pull it through. its tricky and you may need a few tries and you may have to get right into the footwell to see

Hi thanks for info, had a look at that before including taking the glovebox out so have a big space to look in but I can't seem to see the end where the wiring comes into bulkhead the passenger airbag is in the way.Have you manged to do this on a fiesta with an passenger airbag fitted.

Thanks in advance

Regards Malcolm

I have not done this on a Fiesta, but on a Mondeo (with passenger airbag), there must be some way of doing it on yours, even if you have to drill a hole lower down (below the level of the airbag)