1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scff6

Engine Temp Gauge

6 posts in this topic

Recently purchased 08 focus temperature gauge goes from cold to 90 degrees in about one and a half mins of driving.Is this normal as other cars i'v owned take at least 8 mins of driving. surely the engine cannot be at operating temperature in this time?

Petrol or diesel? If it's a petrol engine, it's probably made of aluminium which I think heats up a lot quicker than iron.

If you can get heat out of your heater in that time, then I'd say your engine's warm

Petrol or diesel? If it's a petrol engine, it's probably made of aluminium which I think heats up a lot quicker than iron.

If you can get heat out of your heater in that time, then I'd say your engine's warm

Thanx, i'ts 1.6 petrol i'll check the heater tomorrow.

Recently purchased 08 focus temperature gauge goes from cold to 90 degrees in about one and a half mins of driving.Is this normal as other cars i'v owned take at least 8 mins of driving. surely the engine cannot be at operating temperature in this time?

Sounds extremely quick to me. When the temp gauge says its warm check that the engine actually is. As johnnyguitar suggested turn your heater on and see if its warm. Or just open the bonnet and feel for yourself.

If the engine doesn't feel to warm then I would say you've got a faulty temp gauge/sensor.

Would be taking it back to the dealers myself though. Could be a serious problem

Sounds extremely quick to me. When the temp gauge says its warm check that the engine actually is. As johnnyguitar suggested turn your heater on and see if its warm. Or just open the bonnet and feel for yourself.

If the engine doesn't feel to warm then I would say you've got a faulty temp gauge/sensor.

Would be taking it back to the dealers myself though. Could be a serious problem

Yep getting heat from heater so i guess all is ok.Would like to hear from other owners though.

Yep getting heat from heater so i guess all is ok.Would like to hear from other owners though.

That's good then but I would still be taking it to the dealers to see wot they think. After all is will still be under warranty with it being a 08