Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Seats

adrian76

!! WOULD LIKE SOME HELP !! THE LAST 4 DAYS MY SEATS DONT SEEM TO BE HEATING UP WHEN THERE ON. I HAVE CHECKED FUSE F83 IN THE GLOVEBOX AND THAT SEEMS TO BE OK DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEAS HAS TO WHAT ELSE CAN BE WRONG . SPECIALLY WITH IT GETTING BALTIC CONDITIONS IN OLDHAM

Is your car pre- or post-facelift? I see 2003 below your avatar but can't make out the reg in the pic...is it an 03 or a 53 plate?

It could be the connector under the seat or of its pre face lift it could be one of the elements has failed and this means none of them work. If it a face lift model, the elements are fed from a control unit under the seat so it could be this at fault.

Currently having the exact same issue but mine does occasionally work so I think it could be a bad connection somewhere

Its a 53 plate but the other morning they heated up really warm

But not heated up again. Do u know what i check under the seat

Its a 53 plate but the other morning they heated up really warm

But not heated up again. Do u know what i check under the seat

I would start with the connector which joins the main loom to the control unit, moving the seat back and forward has been known to upset these.

Failing that your looking at either swapping the control unit with the passenger side to test the heating elements or replacing the seat with one from a scrap car if its a pre facelift. As I say I have not had a look yet but you should be able to test the resistance of the heating elements.

Haha, don't we all!

So you have variable heat then being a facelift yeah? Are they ventilated as well and if so are the fans still working? Have both seats stopped altogether?

In terms of checking under the seats, just make sure all the pin/plugs are connected properly. There's a little block connector under there, only held on with a small bolt (about 8-10mm maybe, but not 100% sure). You could take this off and check that they're all still in properly.

You could also check behind the switch to make sure that it's still plugged in properly.

When you say you've checked the fuse F83...two things here. Firstly, have you swapped it out for a new one as there's a small chance it could look ok but just not be working. Secondly, I think there might be more than one fuse to check. Have a look at Fuse F65 as well out of curiosity.

And the relay would be another potentially easy fix.

Failing any of those, it could be a tricky one to pinpoint!

... or replacing the seat with one from a scrap car if its a pre facelift.

I based my reply on the assumption that it's a facelift being a 53-plate, but I know this might not be the case as there are a few cases where pre-facelifts weren't registered til later in the year etc.

Adrian, can you confirm that it is a facelift model?

If you have a multimeter handy too, disconnect the plug from the seat and see if you are getting 12v when you switch it on...

Its not vented seats and wouldnt have a clue if its facelift model. Will try to look tomos

Here's a couple of pics for quick confirmation...pre-facelift centre console first, then facelift centre console below...

post-30295-0-39867800-1354811119_thumb.j

post-30295-0-80577600-1354811132_thumb.j

I would start with the connector which joins the main loom to the control unit, WHERE WOULD I FIND THESE AND DOES ANY 1 KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE

I would start with the connector which joins the main loom to the control unit, WHERE WOULD I FIND THESE AND DOES ANY 1 KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE

under the seat :lol:

I cant help you with what it looks like though as i haven't had a look, perhaps a haynes manual will have a picture.

just be careful with the connectors under the seat, there will also be connectors for the airbag and pre tensioner