Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Fiesta Winter Problems

katie gilbert

Hi all

Im hoping someone can help me with my problem......I have a fiesta zetec s mk 5 2000.This is the second winter ive had him and yet again im having the same problem as last year.

when the weather is cold like its been the last few days strange things happen that noone can explain. I start the car and instantly the temp gauge hits red and the car stalls i do this two or three times before the car eventually starts but once the car does start the temp gauge hits red then goes right back down to cold again goes up to middle back down to cold before eventually settling . when pulling away after this has happened theres lack of power for a min or two

can anyone help me pleeeeease

If this only occurs in cold weather it sounds like a dodgy joint somewhere in the electrical circuit. When you say it stalls does the engine just stop or when you are attempting to drive away?

Sounds like your engine coolant is freezing to me and the temperature of the engine overheating is thawing it out hence the temperature gauge reads cold after a few starts

Thanks for your replys guys :)

It stalls a few seconds after i start it but tries to stall when pulling away but i just keep the revs up and after a few mins its fine

I did think it could have been a thermostat problem so i replaced it but its still continuing :/

The coolant freezing?? how can i stop this happening??

Put some anti freeze in it if its a strange colour to start of with normally a orangey pink colour then its already got some in but a little more wont hurt you will have to empty a bit out if your level is at the max mark just pull the pipe of to empty a bit out. If its not a strange colour then pull the pipe of and let it drain and refil with antifreeze

When the thermostat was replaced the anti freeze was too but i will check it in the morning .... thanks for advice :)

When the thermostat was replaced the anti freeze was too but i will check it in the morning .... thanks for advice :)

It should be ok then

Sounds like you have either a poor connection to the engine temperature sensor or the sensor itself is faulty. Get that checked.

Ahhhhh ok ill have a lookie at sensor :) Thanks for help. Its put my mind at ease thats its not a major problem

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club