1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts

sussex

mk7 internal boot release

9 posts in this topic

My mk6 had a boot release inside the car and even my friend's mk6.5 style has one but my mk7 zetec doesnt appear to (or am I missing something?)

I asked the same question when i ordered my new fiesat zetec and was told it does not have one, as when the car is open the boot is open. i think there is a lock buttton on the dasboard, if you are worried aabout security

I asked the same question when i ordered my new fiesat zetec and was told it does not have one, as when the car is open the boot is open. i think there is a lock buttton on the dasboard, if you are worried aabout security

How does that button work?

My dads merc works where the doors lock after driving for a while, then you press it to allow the doors to be open from outside. This the same on the new fiesta?

dont think the fiesta locks when you drive off as i dont have mine yet.

think you just push this button rather than the lock on the door

maybe somebody else can clarafie

you just press the button in the middle of the dash and they lock, press it again or open the doors and it unlocks.

Also there is a button on the keyfob you press which will unlock the boot and only the boot.

Cheers guys!

When they are 'locked' from pushing the button, you can still open the door from the inside just not from the outside yea?

Cheers guys!

When they are 'locked' from pushing the button, you can still open the door from the inside just not from the outside yea?

Yes, you can. It just prevents people from opening your doors when you're stopped in traffic etc.

Yes, you can. It just prevents people from opening your doors when you're stopped in traffic etc.

Do you know if you have locked the doors and then get out if the lock is turned off. If not wont the doors relock if you close the door and wont be able to get back in yourself :)

Its just a global locking button. If you open a door all the doors will unlock again, including the boot. They wont lock again when you close the door.