Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Wax For White Fiesta?

scotthunter

Hi guys

I started a similar thread a while ago but didn't get much of a response.

I'm after buying a good quality wax to use on my car for protection and looks. Based on the reviews I've seen, it looks like Autoglym High Definition Wax or Finish Kate 1000p would give my white paintwork that head-turning, ultra reflective finish that I'm after.

Does have any experience with using either? If they're both as good as each other, which is the easiest to apply? Not bothered about price differences, as I can get either fairly cheap if I shop around.

I'll be applying it after a wash / clay and Autoglym Super Resin Polish.

I've heard great things about AG HD wax gets some serious beading action going!

As its winter I'm using a sealant instead of a wax as its more durable and will protect the paint better throughout the winter compared to a standard wax. I'm using auto finesse tough coat. Gives great shine and easy to apply

Waxes for the summer

Sealants for the winter.

I'm using dirt accumulated for the past 2 months on my car :D

I'm ashamed to say that's what I will be doing until winter ends as the roads near me are shocking

Same here really, I hate to admit it but my car is bogging! It's too dark in the nights to wash it and not enough time on the weekends to wash it properly

I'm ashamed to say that's what I will be doing until winter ends as the roads near me are shocking

Nooooo!! It will help keep your car looking clean! A good quality wax will repel dirt and bead mud from paintwork, so it should make cleaning your car a lot easier, even with just a jet wash.

Nooooo!! It will help keep your car looking clean! A good quality wax will repel dirt and bead mud from paintwork, so it should make cleaning your car a lot easier, even with just a jet wash.

Damn, so because I don't wax it won't be as easy to get off? That's me not bothering until summer :P

Both your choices of AG HD Wax or FK 1000p offer excellent shine, protection & longevity for a very reasonable price. I've found both easy to use, just don't be tempted to use too much as a little goes a long way. Your best choice for the winter is probably FK 1000p as it is a sealant, plus it comes in a huge tin which lasts ages & it's great for your wheels as well.

Applied after claying & SRP it will leave your car gleaming B) Just done mine today.

The hardest part about waxing a white car is that it is hard to see where you have applied the wax & where you have buffed it off.

Check out the detailing World forums for more expert advice ;)

I've just brought a black one I got me some mer do you think thats ok or rubbish