Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Coil Springs

Ken davies

Hi all, I bought a 2006 2.2 Mondeo Titanium mk3 in may 2012, since I bought it In the first month I had a coil spring snap on F/O/S, this was covered under warrenty, this year however I have had 3 more coil springs snap, F/O/S again, rear O/S and today F/N/S, I dont know if its bad springs or Im just lucky,lol.

When I bought the car there was just over 61000 on the clock it now has just over 68000, so its not like i drive it much, two of the springs have snpped whilst parked outside the house, which I know is very hard to believe, I have been all over the web, and my findings have come up with mondeo's hate springs, please can anyone shed some light on this

Do you have many speed bumps in the area where you live? They are spring killers! Also did you replace with genuine parts?

Hi Darren,

Not many speed bumps, but when I do come across them I slow right down to go over them, I use my local garage, he orders them but I dont know from whom, I have been told to go to fords to get the springs then have my local garage fit them. This I will do if and when another spring goes. Vheers for the reply bud