Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Euro 4 Mondeo Tdci 2.0 Ghia Auto Est

Maddogpro

I am confused i,ve read so many diff reports i get the plume of black after a foot full from the lights/ roundabout mine is def euro 4 plug on the egr tells me this!!!!!!!!!!! So should i blank it off i also believe this would cause an EML light on the dash but would it restrict performance as the wife uses the car daily and i dont need her ringing me up saying car is playing up im not bothered about the eml myself also would it be poss too reset it with the f super thingy me bob just before Mot day......Any advice is welcome especially from peeps that have done it.....Or i know more expensive should i just get a new egr ive done the clean out bit but this i,snt helping ive also replaced the bottom hose also and what a !Removed! that was i relented and bought a flexi socket driver in the end ......

Now im even more confused i did the etis reg check/build thisng and its says eec 2000 7 is this 3 or 4

It's a Euro IV if your EGR has a sensor on it.

It really is a 'how long is a piece of string' question. The engine will run cleaner, but, you might get the EML on every now and again. Now this is the thing - some people say that they never get the EML on - but personally, it came on three times in the space of the first 24 hours, so I took the blanking plate out again as I could not be doing with it. I'll just clean out the intake manifold and EGR periodically.

If the EML being on doesn't bother you, or clearing the codes doesn't bother you, then go for it. Just be aware that if you leave the EML on and another fault develops, then you may not notice unless there are physical symptoms like dropping into limp mode.

To EGR or no EGR? that is the question?

First of all the type of plate you want the solid, decently thick stainless steel blanking plate, mild steel can rust, auminium can melt (these are exhaust gases!) and ones with holes drilled in them defeat the purpose and are useless

So now you know which kind to get!

The engine runs better with the EGR blanked, once the EGR housing and inlet manifold is cleaned out (from the carbon/ gunge the EGR system has deposited into it) and the EGR is blanked, the inlet will stay clean

the car/ engine will perform better and there should be less flat spots/ hesitation and there may be less smoke, the car will not fail a UK mot with the EGR blanked (may actually help as only the particulates / smoke emissions are measured on a diesel)

The EML may come on but this is all this can be ignored or can be periodically be reset with a OBD core reader (eg, F-Super, about £20 online)

EGR valves are expensive, a solid blanking plate costs about £5 and will "fix" a faulty EGR valve, and you will never need to clean out the inlet manifold ever again, this, and the other previously mentioned benifits make fitting an EGR blanking plate a "no brainer" - go ahead and fit your plate

EGR valves are expensive, a solid blanking plate costs about £5 and will "fix" a faulty EGR valve, and you will never need to clean out the inlet manifold ever again, this, and the other previously mentioned benifits make fitting an EGR blanking plate a "no brainer" - go ahead and fit your plate

as an aside, the Jaguar EGR valve is identical to the one that Ford will sell you, but only half of the cost. It will fit and function perfectly in a Mondeo.

I will see what happens with the blank and go from there its only a fiver delivered but great idea with the jag egr

as an aside, the Jaguar EGR valve is identical to the one that Ford will sell you, but only half of the cost. It will fit and function perfectly in a Mondeo.

It might be because the X-type Jag and the Mk3 mondeo diesels 2.0/2.2 are basically the same car! the Jag EGR valve costs half what the Ford one costs, but the Blanking plate is about a tenth of that! i have heard some people have been through 3 EGR valves, my blanking plate is in its 7th year and still going strong

Still not fitted yours yet?

PS when you say the Jaguar EGR valve will work perfectly in a mondeo, will it stop the inlet manifold being contaminated like a blanking plate will? - just kidding :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club