Rich

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Name: Rich
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ghia x
  • Year: 1998

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

Do you get any knocking or banging noises when pulling away especially when on a hill etc? I am very dubious as to whether that engine mount needs replacing but its your car mate. Just thought Id mention it don't want to replace parts that don't need changing I work for Ford and I've never seen one need changing yet. Not to say yours doesn't but be very sure before spending bucks on a part you don't need.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 bmw_789

bmw_789

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Ford Model: ford focus
  • Year: 2006

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Thanks for the input,i do get a grinding noise when going round corner not sure if this has got something to do with the engine mount,there is diffidently a slit in the rubber top with some sort of fluid coming from it,do you know if i could get the engine mount from somewhere apart from ford dealership many thanks.

#18 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,887 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:12 AM

Rear leak will be light screws and the top of the boot hinge where it wasnt sealed yes the mounts are oil filled they are easy to get on ebay just make sure they confirm no leaks and splits

#19 bmw_789

bmw_789

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Ford Model: ford focus

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

Hi just an update the leak was from the light screws its amazing how much water gets in from such small holes i have now sealed the holes with some sealant and have no water come in so hoping all is okay thanks to all the people who have commented.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users