Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Mondeo Tdci 2.2 St 155 Egr Valve..............

Vade

..........Hey guys, anyone know the cheapest place to get one of these horrible things? Ford are asking for in excess of £215, Ive seen one on eBasy for £119. Any ideas? Cheers

Ive had it on diagnostic so I know its the EGR. However since my last post performance has picked up shes running smoothly and Im happy. Went and got it plugged in again today at my mates garage and he reset the engine management light for me. All is well for now lol thanks everyone for your suggestions

• Like 1

Is it a euro3 or euro4?

Just fit an EGR blanking plate (solid, stainless steel)

Its not just the Jaguar x-type EGR valves that are cheaper than mk3 Mondeos, you would think its the other way 'round

Its a euro 4, and this morning shes firing but dieing straight away. Damn those cars are heavy to push!! Im hoping the EGR is stuck open or something because if this is injectors then Im afraid I may have to wield the old axe............

EGR is stuck open, so Ive ordered a new one off eBay for £119.99 with free recorded postage. Not bad

Let me know how the new one performs buddy and if it works let me have a link as too which one

As soon as shes running again Ill be back on to let you know mate.

• 3 months later...

dont get your valves from eBay,as the ones on eBay are crap full stop.it'll only last about 6 months at best. got mines ordered from jaguar for £140 inc vat.ford DO want £210!!!

Better still, save yourself £119.99, £140, or £210 - fit a solid, stainless steel EGR blanking plate (about a fiver)

Car pulls better with a little less turbo lag/ less flat spots, EGR housing and inlet manifold stays clean,(no carbon/ muck) and it does not matter if the EGR valve is faulty/ fails - car stays running

Only potential drawback is EML comes on on a Euro4 compliant engine, but that can be reset periodically with a code reader

Better still, save yourself £119.99, £140, or £210 - fit a solid, stainless steel EGR blanking plate (about a fiver)

Car pulls better with a little less turbo lag/ less flat spots, EGR housing and inlet manifold stays clean,(no carbon/ muck) and it does not matter if the EGR valve is faulty/ fails - car stays running

Only potential drawback is EML comes on on a Euro4 compliant engine, but that can be reset periodically with a code reader

+1 blanking saves a fortune. a few quid for the blank and about £20 for the code reader and your away

• Like 1

here we go again. had cars blanked in the past & the fuel consumptions worse after it. was at jaguar today ordering my EGR & another guy had a faulty egr last week & fitted a new one.while it was faulty he got 41mpg. new EGR fitted,he gets 52mpg.

honestly some folk on here are just asking for trouble. put it this way,when someone takes your lead/advice & damages their car,are you gonna pay for their court costs? the guy did the right thing & bought the part for his car. mate you need to stop filling folks heads with egr blanking/smf converting stuff.its gonna come back to bite ya

& how does it save a fortune? my egr is duff & im running at just over 41mpg as well. it was at average of 54.2 two days ago,before it went ti*s-up..

how is blanking an egr gonna save money? jeez

• Like 1

utter rubbish. much better pull & less lag when the EGR is working well.

• Like 1

blanking it off is the ONLY way to see if you have a duff EGR valve. its not a permanent solution.

blanking it off is the ONLY way to see if you have a duff EGR valve. its not a permanent solution.

dont be silly. the only true way to test an egr valve is to see the voltages from it,and it opening/closing while car is running.(like i did yesterday with a snap-on ethos reader. it tells you how open/closed the egr valve is& if the vacuum etc is operating normally.).blanking off is to combat smoke problems that older more worn engines emit.its not solving anything,only masking it,& in turn making the problem hidden

when the local fords chief mechanic blanks it after he has replaced the egr and all the associated parts and says its the only way to stop clouds of black smoke coming out, there has to be some truth to blanking them otherwise he wouldnt put his job on the line by doing it.

• Like 1

dont be silly. the only true way to test an egr valve is to see the voltages from it,and it opening/closing while car is running.(like i did yesterday with a snap-on ethos reader. it tells you how open/closed the egr valve is& if the vacuum etc is operating normally.).blanking off is to combat smoke problems that older more worn engines emit.its not solving anything,only masking it,& in turn making the problem hidden

i should have elaborated more in what i said. if you have starting issues and you suspect the EGR valve is stuck open then blank it to confirm the fault if you dont have a diagnostic tool at hand

• Like 1

In answer to several posts -

Ist of all lets not get confused with a working EGR, a faulty EGR and a blanked EGR

A working EGR is going to run a better MPG than a faulty one

But for best possible Performance (including eliminating flat spots and reducing turbo lag) a Blanked EGR is best, it will improve the MPG a little as well

Apart from the instant boost in performance, a blanked EGR helps to maintain the performance in the long term, because a functioning EGR contaminates the EGR housing and inlet manifold with carbon/ soot (gunge) from the exhaust, which will "choke" the engine over time, reducing performance.

If your EGR valve fails a solid blanking plate costs about £5, this wiill "fix" a faulty EGR and is cheaper than £119.99, £140 or £210, (obviously)

I've ran a blanked (completely deleted) EGR for a few years now, i know it improves performance (+ i have dyno graphs to proove it) and i know it helps the long term reliability of the engine (if only by preventing the inlet manifold getting coked/ choked up)

Many FOC members have fitted EGR blanking plates to their engines with good results

• Like 1

the original arguement was that the car pulled better/no flat spots etc,better/cheaper,etc.

and i said the car will run better,have less lag,run cooler,etc,when egr is connected & doing its job.

i dont doubt that blanking will stop smoke though.BUT you're only pushing the problem outta sight. AND for a ford chief mechanic to take that short cut,is pretty !REMOVED! up in the 1st place

and when you say many foc member s have blanked with good results,compared to what? you're only hiding the original problem with the engine,thats what i cant get my head round? why would you wanna tell folk to fit a blanking plate,when they should be finding the reason their cars are smoking like hell! if they spent a few more quid they'd probably find the right reason & not have to resort to shortcuts. egr's are NOT only for emissions,i keep saying,but whats the point,ya's have already decided on the 1 course of action,& to hell with the consequences.oh well

Edited by Stoney871
Bypassing swear filter with starred words is not permitted

In answer to several posts -

Ist of all lets not get confused with a working EGR, a faulty EGR and a blanked EGR

A working EGR is going to run a better MPG than a faulty one

But for best possible Performance (including eliminating flat spots and reducing turbo lag) a Blanked EGR is best, it will improve the MPG a little as well

Apart from the instant boost in performance, a blanked EGR helps to maintain the performance in the long term, because a functioning EGR contaminates the EGR housing and inlet manifold with carbon/ soot (gunge) from the exhaust, which will "choke" the engine over time, reducing performance.

If your EGR valve fails a solid blanking plate costs about £5, this wiill "fix" a faulty EGR and is cheaper than £119.99, £140 or £210, (obviously)

I've ran a blanked (completely deleted) EGR for a few years now, i know it improves performance (+ i have dyno graphs to proove it) and i know it helps the long term reliability of the engine (if only by preventing the inlet manifold getting coked/ choked up)

Many FOC members have fitted EGR blanking plates to their engines with good results

mines been on 18months, no black smoke at all since it was put on, smooth all the way up the rev range, not had to clean the egr because of all the carbon build up and nothing has broken on the car because of it :D

the original arguement was that the car pulled better/no flat spots etc,better/cheaper,etc.

and i said the car will run better,have less lag,run cooler,etc,when egr is connected & doing its job.

i dont doubt that blanking will stop smoke though.BUT you're only pushing the problem outta sight. AND for a ford chief mechanic to take that short cut,is pretty fu*ked up in the 1st place

the car runs smoother since the egr has been blanked and less lag also. The only problem was that ford put the egr on in the first place.

• Like 1

i didnt say you'd break anything,but you're not running the engine the way its supposed to run. go find a diagnostics kit,& plug it in,in a car with a fully functioning EGR,take it for a run,record the data then store it. blank the egr,reset ecu,take for a run,do the same run,record data(temps etc),then compare the two.Ive done it before. think you'll be surprised.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club