• PipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • Name: Steve
  • Ford Model: MONDEO
  • Year: 2006

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

Cant find a camera that fits my car!

http://i.imgur.com/jUT1cS2.jpg

try find the one that closest fits, preferably bigger than you need, then you can just trim it to fit.

#49 trikidy

trikidy

The Great Pretender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Name: Reece
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

UPDATE-

I removed the stock light and cut a whole just big enough for the camera I ordered, I then melted the plastic around it so it became one piece (also had to trim the camera)

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1439.l2649

I believe that is the one I ordered.

Anyway now my camera is all fitted :) for some reaso it wouldnt work on my head unit so i ordered a separate screen.

I have since got replies from sellers and I have been told the nearest fit to my car is this camera-

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649

So for anyone with the same car as mine it might be easier to order this one and see how well it fits!

Thanks guys

#50 mikeol

mikeol

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Michael
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk 7
  • Year: 2013

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:51 PM

Some good advice here but has anyone fitted a similar camera to a Fiesta Mk 7 (2013). I can't see a straightforward way of routing the wire from the hatch down to the reversing light. I can see I will have to remove the hatch trim to get to the wiring but getting behind the hatch metalwork to reach the rubber conduit looks too difficult. My camera setup uses a wireless system so I don't need to reach the front of the car with wires. Any advice appreciated.

#51 1ncredible

1ncredible

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Phil
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2009

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:29 PM

Hi,

Does anyone have the pictures that they can email me please from this thread?

They're not coming up.

Thanks

#52 Brigante

Brigante

Resident Ranter

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,408 posts
  • Name: Charlie
  • Ford Model: Focus Ghia 1.6 115BHP
  • Year: 2005
Contributor

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:53 PM

Unfortunately my photos have been viewed too many times this month so my image hosting account has reached it's bandwidth allowance. The free bandwidth allowance won't reset till the 4th May so my photos will be down until then.

If anyone would like to make a paypal donation to get my photos back up in the guides they are more than welcome to.

#53 troy45

troy45

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 340 posts
  • Name: Troy
  • Ford Model: Focus ST
  • Year: 2010

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:26 PM

My reversing camera arrived on Saturday - supposed to clip in to replace the number plate lamp on facelift but it didn't fit very well at all. I had to file various bits of it plus put a much larger chamfer on the body of the camera AND still do a bit of surgery on the finisher before I was happy with it   :huh:

Hoping it still works after all that.

Unfortunately my photos have been viewed too many times this month so my image hosting account has reached it's bandwidth allowance. The free bandwidth allowance won't reset till the 4th May so my photos will be down until then.

If anyone would like to make a paypal donation to get my photos back up in the guides they are more than welcome to.

Managed to see the earlier photos by right clicking and copying image url then pasting the link into Chrome (in IE you need to select Properties to see the url and copy it)  ;)

#54 troy45

troy45

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 340 posts
  • Name: Troy
  • Ford Model: Focus ST
  • Year: 2010

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:01 AM

Was going to post this in the Sat Nav topic but my update is probably better with this topic

Am probably about 2/3 of the way through the camera installation on my facelift ST using the great information from the OP

I expected the camera to arrive before my new headunit so thought I would kick off getting the wiring work done. Not a great start though, the camera was a right pain to get fitted nicely into the finisher. It didn't sit flush, wouldn't lock in place and the camera fouled the finisher quite a bit too. Dremel and various hand-files needed to perform the required camera/tailgate finisher surgery :o

Work in progress shot here

IMG_2180a.jpg

The grommet for the finisher had a spare stub to use but there was no way the wiring with connectors and junction block would go through it so I had to cut the cable and rejoin it after I'd fed it through - then some faffing to try and seal the grommet and prevent any water ingress to the boot.

Then onto the wiring going to the reverse light and also the cable which needs to go to the head unit/display.

Different than some of the photos I've seen but my car had wiring on the lhs of the boot for the reverse light feed but the cable supplied was still too short, rough measuring showed it would get halfway round the tailgate but no further. But I was forewarned having read Brigante's guide and picked up some extra cable on Saturday. I managed finally to get the side trim off the tailgate so could access the existing wiring all the way round. Had always thought the pin which the parcel shelf string hooks onto would need removing but not so.

For the reverse light wiring I cut into it then used butt splices to rejoin along with a connector so I could disconnect it again if needed. The splices are really handy as you just double up the break out wires with the original wiring at one end and just crimp it up, join the other end back into the original circuit then give it a waft with heat gun and the heatshrink closes up plus releases a glue as well.

IMG_2185a.jpg

Then worked from the top of the boot to run the cables through from the tailgate. Was chuffed to find that the large connector on the long camera cable would go through the umbillical for the wiring, so no need to cut the cable and join it all up again :) I also pulled the push-pins, lhs roof trim and rear grab handle from the headliner to let me pull it down a little bit and route the cables round to come down the rear pillar as per the existing wiring .All went to plan and after the use of much electrical and cloth tape I ended up with all the tailgate end of things finished off.

Left some slack cable at the camera end of things just in case it's needed later.

IMG_2192a.jpg

IMG_2189a.jpg

Didn't get as far as terminating the wiring for the reverse light but that'll be simples now. Also decided to bring the camera wiring down the d-pillar to meet up with the main wiring, intention to run the cable along the floor instead of along the roof and down the A-pillar. Whether I come to regret that decision remains to be seen  :rolleyes: Course the cable isn't long enough now and I'm hoping that getting an extra 1m cable isn't too difficult.

Not got the headunit fitted yet, just after finally calling it a day a parcel man turned up with this  :D

IMG_2190a.jpg

As usual a straight forward job took me all day but wanted to make sure I did a proper neat job.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users