Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

jimmygixer

Rust And Bubbling Paint

3 posts in this topic

My focus is an 2003, love the wee car great to drive and would like to keep it a good while longer as ive spent a good few pound on it and its goin great.

What bugs me is the amount of bubbling paint and rust popping up in various places. A new bit on the front wing, along the bottom of the doors and under the rear arches is coming away very badly.

Is the focus just known for this or what, cos most of my previous cars have been older and they dont rust this bad?

The focus is generally good for lack of corrosion.

Maybe you've just been unlucky.?

My mk1 had rust in the same spots its due to the design water hits those areas hard add road salt and its like grit blasting it a decent bodyshoo coukd fix it