Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Windscreen Washers!

b1g_dav3

Howdy folks, I was wondering has anybody managed to get their washers heated on the Fez (using Focus washer jets)?

I've seen looms on fleabay and wondered if it would plug in to anything on the Fiesta? Or would I need to cut and stick some wires? :P

Thanks.

There won't be any plug and play sockets as it was never an option for the Fiesta. Cut 'n' splice I'm afraid!

Will probably get the loom then, and just splice that in, at £10 it's the price of wire and clips really.

There won't be any plug and play sockets as it was never an option for the Fiesta. Cut 'n' splice I'm afraid!

Where would you splice into?

Will probably get the loom then, and just splice that in, at £10 it's the price of wire and clips really.

If you do this can you make a guide for us clods?

A guide would be handy am thinking of doing mine it's just where to start

Where would you splice into?

Good question, I would assume the heated windscreen loom, no idea if it's correct voltage/amp though?

All I know is on the Focus, they're linked up to the heated front screen, might see if the Focus is broken over the next day or so at work and see just how, probably the easiest way to start with.

Much easier way seems to be the idea that was detailed on this forum some time ago of simply cutting two circular pieces out of the bonnet insulation under the jet positions. This uses the heat from the engine at least at the jets. The writer tidied it up using desk cable tidies. I have not tried this in my Fiesta yet but I did it on my son's Mondeo and so far with the last few days sub zero temperatures he thinks it works.

Another idea I saw many years ago was to extend the plastic tubing and make a coil around the top hose, wrapping wide tape around the coil to retain it in place. Again I've not tried this as I think the water would freeze again by the time it reaches the jets. The above method seems a better idea.

Must admit that I have wondered about this myself.

For what I assume is a pretty small cost (relatively speaking) I consider this is a major omission on the Fiesta. You get heated rear/front screens and heated mirrors but no heated washer jets! Doesn't matter how strong you mix your screen wash... with exposed washer jets like this.... your ambient -5C (like this morning) is God only knows what with a 50/60+ mph wind hitting the jets!!

A much better design would be to recess the washer jets down by the windscreen wipers. I've had this on other cars and they don't freeze up half as much.

I had electrically heated washer jets on a VW Passat i once owned - they still froze up.

Yeah they freeze up, you need to have the screen on a little while before you get any effect. fitted all the wires and stuff which was pretty simple, just a case of finding various wires and such to get them hooked up. Not today though, busy busy :P