Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Opinions On New Fiesta

zebra

Ford will do anything as long as you are willing to pay for it..

Nope, that grille is fugly. Sorry Ford, you have ruined a nice looking car

Yeah, worse than it looked on the original pictures. Definitely thinking twice, because my Fiesta is a bit small now with my cat that has to be transported in a cage >.<

you can kid yourself all u want lads, this model defo looks a lot more fresher and up to date. Your gonna feel sick every time you see one driving past now, i know i will.

Not a fan of the front end, looks good on a mondeo and an aston (respectively long cars) but not a small family hatch :/

you can kid yourself all u want lads, this model defo looks a lot more fresher and up to date. Your gonna feel sick every time you see one driving past now, i know i will.

Seen a ZS one, not a fan really. Wheels - terrible, the grill looks nice, but not on a Fez, and the back end... Well that's nice and I will be ordering one of the bumpers myself :P

Isn't the back end the same? Just changed the lights slightly.

Correct.

Laziness.

You're right, i will feel sick when i see one becuase it's so ugly :lol: That front end is just awful on a small car and it will never grow on me.

Isn't the back end the same? Just changed the lights slightly.

Not on the Zetec S, on that they have the Mk 6 style bottom valance that looks really smart if honest.

Not on the Zetec S, on that they have the Mk 6 style bottom valance that looks really smart if honest.

I hadn't noticed that, are there any better pictures around? The only one I can find is a small one on Ford's page. It does look good from what I can see though!

Thanks for that. I'm still sceptical about BMW's claims. I think that's just BMW waffle. It says that "wasted kinetic energy" when braking is used to drive the alternator to charge the battery - it does that anyway on a conventional car under the same conditions. Also, on a normal car, if there is any battery load on the alternator (which the article keeps referring to as a generator just to cloud the issue - although true it is in fact an ac generator whose output is rectified) when the throttle is open then it means that the battery needs charging which is what the alternator is there for and to not have the alternator running defeats the object. I can't see any advantage to that.

• 1 month later...
:unsure: :unsure: It looks better than the standard grille i guess..but still..not sure if i like it

Saw my first one one in the flesh today.

Nice car but still not sold on that grille.

I don't think the car is big enough to do it justice.

I've seen a couple of new ones on the road now plus one in a dealer I drive past every day, and have to say I really don't like it! The front just looks odd and the rear lights look a bit weird too, not sure what's going on with that square silver line in the middle of them.

Looking at my Fez today, it looks mean and has attitude, something the new one hasn't got :/

May look at dumping an ST engine into a Mk7 at some point tbh.

I have always had reservations about this 'stop-start' system that is becoming popular. Surely it must shorten the life of the starter motor ? Also it must give the battery charge level a hammering in the winter (with headlights heated screens on etc.) if you do lots of short journeys as I do. ?

I have just experienced this battery drain problem so I know !

My reservation about stop-start is the slight hesitation you must get when you try to pull away quickly as the engine as to restart.

On my journey to and from work, there is a traffic-light-controlled roundabout and the lights don't stay green for long so you have to be quick off the mark when they go green to make it through before they change back and also to allow as many people behind you through safely.

I'm not convinced the stop-start would allow this so easily.

But what do I know, I don't even understand internal combustion!

Just keep the revs up with the clutch in, that will stop the start/stop activating.

Not required, the stop start only activates, or stops if you like. When conditions are met :-

If the gear stick is in netuaral and clutch is up.

Temps above 3c,

Full battery charge,

Netural and braked. - My engine restarted other day as I was on a slope and removed foot from brake pedal, it's clever really.

There's a button to press anyway to deactivate in the focus.

The starting is quick, and it's designed for this.