Show
Photo
- - - - -

Help, Ford Member Newbie, Novice, Problems.

Ford Fiesta 2002 Throttle

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Markos1211

Markos1211

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 2002

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Hi all apologies if this posted in the wrong section. I have recently bought a 1.4 duratec fiesta 2002 plate 5 door black. First of the newer shape mk5 model. I have had a million problems some niggly and some more serious. I have replaced 3 tyres, the radio, a wing mirror, solved a leak by replacing high level break light.

Currently the engine light is on, I got a mechanic to diagnose it and it came with 2 fault codes, one regarding a MAP sensor and another regarding the throttle bodY, as these are likely to be linked i opted to replace the MAP sensor first as its cheaper. I have no idea regarding cars but as the mechanic wanted 50 to fit the sensor after i had already bought it i opted to do it myself.

The juddering has since got worse if anything! It judders in the lower gears has started to struggle in higher gears to, The problem comes and goes frequently but is at its worse in low gears and is slowly becoming undriveable. I have been told to clean the throttle body but I feel abit out of my depth? I have bought some carb cleaner and I am ready to give it a go.

If this fails then I will have to visit a garage but I am certain i will pay over the odds! If anyone has any advice for me I would much appreciate it!

Many thanks
Mark

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,473 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2008

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

If you remove the pipe between the air box and the throttle body then start the car up. whilst it is idling you can spray your carb cleaner directly into the throttle body. It will try to stall, so keep the revs up by controlling it on the throttle. Don't spray it in too heavy, just enough to avoid it stalling. Do that for a few minutes and it should clean the throttle right through. It could be you've got a dodgy MAF sensor though.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users