Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice Required Regarding A Jan 04 Fiesta

Pudd

Hi all,

Just need a bit of help. Basically I am looking for a Fiesta as a first time car.

I went to go and see one this evening - red, Jan 04, 79k miles, £1995.

Basically, the paint was in an immaculate condition. Apart from the fact that he had sprayed the bumper due to some issue. He described it as if someone had reversed in a bollard.

The service history seemed a little off and on. The previous 2 services were at 25000 and a big gap to 50000. Then hasn't been serviced since.

The clutch had been recently replaced. Though when selecting reverse gear it would crunch and if not properly selected the gear box would grind. All other gears however were fine and engaged smoothly.

The inside was perfect and not damp in the foot wells. Nor in the boot.

I got a friend to have a look as he was a previous mechanic. The oil seemed a little diluted and looked as if there was some water inside.

He took off the oil filler cap, and there was blowing coming from the cap, including a smell of petrol and fumes. In fact, specs of oil hit him in the face whilst smelling the fumes.

So tell me is it a dud and should I stay away from it?

Cheers all

Pudd

Fuel in the oil usually means worn piston rings or a leaky injector.

There's no other way for them to mix like that.

It would probably need a top end strip to verify.

Missed services and oil changes would not have helped much in this respect.

Personally I'd give it a swerve.

Give it a miss, doesn't seem to have been very well looked after...

Sounds possibly like a head gasket issue where by the sound of it combustion gases are escaping into the oil..., as above I would stay clear.

Sounds like it has only been used for short journeys hence the low mileage and patchy servicing. Engine will be full of sludge and diluted oil AVOID!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club