Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1 Day In

david28

Hello all

New to owning a Ford Focus Zetec S 1.6. TDCI (11 Plate) and new to the forum.

Just have a few questions:

- Does the car have stop/start engine?

- If yes to the above, how do you know its working? (Does a light come on/do I need to enable it)

Cheers

Hi, yes it should have it, unless you have the auto box. It automatically comes on and is quite a sophistic system that takes readings from the battery and the inside and outside ambient temperatures. Thus if the ambient temp is low cabin temp is low then it will not work, likewise if the ambient temp is high and the cabin temp is also high, again it will not work. Other causes for it not working is low battery voltage and the temp setting on the air con set is either too high or too low. When it operates a green indicator lights up within the dash.

You should have a switch in front of the gear lever to the right of the heated windscreen ones.

That indicates whether you have it or not!

I've noticed that with the heated windscreens on, it stops it from working too :) it hasn't really come to use in the cold temps recently i must say :rolleyes:

Hi, strangly when the temps outside were about 5c mine did operate but then the cabin was quite warm.

Chris

Thanks for help

It worked today (think it may have been to cold previous) for the 1st time. Thought I had stalled at first!!!

Thanks again for help

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club