Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heater Blower Doesnt Seem To Go On Full Blast

screamer

Just over the past few days, my heater iblower n the car doesn't seem to feel if it is going to full blast, it shows on full on the dash/radio screen, but it sounds as if its only half of what it should be

Any ideas on what to check first?

Just over the past few days, my heater I blower n the car doesn't seem to feel if it is going to full blast, it shows on full on the dash/radio screen, but it sounds as if its only half of what it should be

Any ideas on what to check first?

The heater system uses a lot of current from the battery, you may also notice your light beam is dimmer too.

This is caused mostly in winter when the windscreen element heater and rear window element heater is active.

Which also uses the washer jet heater elements and A/C

Try switching off rear window demister or A/C this will allow more power to go on other active items.

Ultimately their is one item on the market that can help the low current flow.

Its a Pivot Mega Razin Voltage Stabiliser.

Its basically a series of capacitors that aid battery performance and helping to provide constant 12v power regardless of demand.

Their are cheap replicas on eBay which are complete crap but look identical to the genuine pivot system.

See the image below, its a replica that even has a photocopy of pivots instruction manual but genuine pivot is blue cable añd switches off when engine is off.

The replicas stay active 24/7 draining your battery, the complete opposite result of the genuine item.

Image2612.jpg

For best reliability purchase from the pivot website.

MTC_7653.jpg

MTC_7649.jpg

Mega5.jpg

Mega2.jpg

Mega3.jpg

Ive purchased from two different sellers on eBay thinking i was buying genuine but no their cheap replicas.

Im purchasing directly from pivot in january.

In the long run it will pay for itself.

Cheers for the quick reply

The only bit of heating I had on was the heater to the windscreen and to the footwell, the front or back window elements were not on, neither was the AC

It didn't feel much difference between half way and full blast on the blower

Cheers for the quick reply

The only bit of heating I had on was the heater to the windscreen and to the footwell, the front or back window elements were not on, neither was the AC

It didn't feel much difference between half way and full blast on the blower

To be honest

That perticular setting "feet&windscreen" opens a large space of vents around the fan, so it will seem to be low pressure due to all of the vent ducts from the blower being open to atmosphere, theirs no pockets for the blower to build up force on any fixed area.

However

If your ever in a car that has overheating trouble

Turn the blower to this setting and on full heat, with A/C off this will remove heat from the engine the most.

I do this after long journeys in the car i.e. 2hr drives to remove some heat from the engine, you will see the temp needle drop.

top bloke Lenny!

Thanks very much Steve mate,

The pivot voltage stabiliser is a product ive been looking in to for a couple of months,

Im sure you can understand my disapointment when 22days after purchase it arrives at my door step and its a fake model that doesnt switch off after 60seconds like it should lol i almost blew a capaciter myself lol

Ive learned from it though; if its too cheap to be though then it is lol

To be honest

That perticular setting "feet&windscreen" opens a large space of vents around the fan, so it will seem to be low pressure due to all of the vent ducts from the blower being open to atmosphere, theirs no pockets for the blower to build up force on any fixed area.

However

If your ever in a car that has overheating trouble

Turn the blower to this setting and on full heat, with A/C off this will remove heat from the engine the most.

I do this after long journeys in the car i.e. 2hr drives to remove some heat from the engine, you will see the temp needle drop.

Thanks once again for the detailed reply Lenny.

just to add, i've also just had the blower on full with just it directed to the window only, and it felt like it was only half on.

I can't think of it being this bad last winter

i'll have a look at the pivot website (do you have a link for it?)

check to make sure the pollen filters not blocked restricting air flow.

Thanks once again for the detailed reply Lenny.

just to add, i've also just had the blower on full with just it directed to the window only, and it felt like it was only half on.

I can't think of it being this bad last winter

i'll have a look at the pivot website (do you have a link for it?)

If you notice low pressure in other fan settings too, then as previously mentioned by others; id get ford to change the pollen filter,

Also here is a link to the Genuine Pivot website.

http://www.pivotracing.com/index

Cheers Mintalking & Lenny (where's that thumbsup smilie!!)

I've seen this pollen filter on ebay does this look ok? i can change it anyway, as it's only £15

i've also seen this

of changing it out (ok it's on an ST) but i've also read i need to change it from the drivers side, anybody know what side is best to change it?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club