Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

mondeo man

Problem....

4 posts in this topic

Hello guys/girls.. got a mk3 mondeo and got a problem..started a couple of weeks ago and only happened twice since..what it is..you drive the car stop do what you've got to do then back into the car turn the key tries to turn over get a couple of revs then dies...leave it for about 5-10 mins and it starts as if nothing has happened..by the way its 2ltr petrol zetec...could it be cam shaft sensor ?..fuel pump ?..thanks for you're help.. B)

Im thinking if its the fuel pump then it wouldnt start at all? Thats from my experiences with the sodding things anyway......had to replace one a few weeks back in my old car

sounds like the camshaft sensor to me

thats what i'm thinking along them lines steve..any way..since it last happened i've not had any trouble(touch wood) i can hear the fuel being primed on the turn of the key so i don't think its the fuel pump..so at the mo i'm at a loss..thanks for you're answers guys... B)