Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Frozen Doors

frund

Hi, any tips for stopping doors freezing shut. My Fiesta 2008 1.6 TD lives outside on the drive and the other night I struggled to get into it ...doors frozen. Minus 6 ..Is there anything that will stop this. This car is also used for winter hols and parked outside with no real backup. Jet 2 for instance.

Thanks

I guess if you want to keep moisture out , then a cover is the best option . Less moisture in there then less chance of the doors freezing shut.

Good spot on the cover. I've been wanting one for a while. But that price is amazing. Just bought one :D thanks

Cover sounds like a good idea. The only worry i'd have is if the car's dirty/gritty any movement of the cover from windy conditions would just scratch the paintwork.

I've bought mine for long detailing sessions. Day 1 I can wash, clay & clean the inside. Day 2 I can get the machine polisher on the car and wax it.

So the cover will be going on a clean car. Just to stop any dust settling or birds muck :D

not noticed any new scratches yet but then again i have 2 kids with wandering hands that like to draw on a nice dirty car when daddy's not looking so i need shares in t cut lol

Vasoline is sure to work. I was in Halfords yesterday and came across some silicone spray stuff I bought a can to try. Now at this time Monday, it is wet with no frost so all is well. But when the next bit of frost appears I will be fully armed. I have ordered a cover also but the body is prone to cockups and on a frosty night the cover may well be in the boot or shed.

Thanks all

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club