Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

salsheikh

Please Sign The Petition - Mobile Phone Usage Whilst Driving Penalties Change

50 posts in this topic

This petition is to try and get the Govt to change the law regarding mobile phone use whilst driving - to get the Govt to take notice we need a LOT of signatures so please help!

Please feel free to copy this onto other forums

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/35017

The amount of people i see and deal with because of this is amazing!! Stoney probably has similar issues!!

Indeed, I lose count.

Had four in the last hour alone.

Indeed, I lose count.

Had four in the last hour alone.

Unbelievable. How stupid are people? Signed it by the way.

Little update on the count.

Eleven last night and nine so far tonight and five of them were unfit through drink or drugs too.

I love the Christmas period so much ;)

I'm on nights tonight... i'll see if i can get any ;)

Saying that, was almost taken out on a roundabout coming to the day job earlier by someone on their phone, in their people carrier, driving her kids somewhere!!

If only I had blues on my personal car!! lol

Just been out walking the dogs and nearly got wiped out by some old doddery f#rt programming his Satnav.

Just as bad a habit as using a phone.

that and changing CD's...

Doing make-up, eating, drinking, reading, shouting at kids in the back seat, rolling !Removed!, the list is endless.

All driving without due care.

whenever i pick up the little one from school, i see so many parents to dont buckle up their kids, this rally anooys me. i think you guys should stake out the schools and stop each car and tell them off!

I think my Mali might eat the little cherubs.

whenever i pick up the little one from school, i see so many parents to dont buckle up their kids, this rally anooys me. i think you guys should stake out the schools and stop each car and tell them off!

oh me and my tutor love school pickup time.. a few mothers (and some fathers may i add) get given tickets for parking on the zigzag lines...

It,s not just mobile phones that cause crashes. Some dipstick ran up the back of the riot van last week, his excuse was, didn't see you stop, I was adjusting with the radio. :wacko: . See you in court! :)

How you cannot see a HUGE riot van with battenburg and chevron markings i just dont understand.........

It,s the same reason they don't see cyclists.

to be fair.. ive come across cyclists before on country roads, late at night, no lights, no reflectors, no hi-vis... some don't help themselves...

It,s not just mobile phones that cause crashes. Some dipstick ran up the back of the riot van last week, his excuse was, didn't see you stop, I was adjusting with the radio. :wacko: . See you in court! :)

Clear statement of guilt.

Tube.

Anything that driver is doing that distracts from concentrating on the road ahead should be stamped on heavily. You guys on the road and in uniform are the ones to do it; power to your PNB. -_-

50 have now signed.

Quite right. Now, does anybody know where I can get a new shaver from? I dropped it in my cornflakes whilst driving to the station this morning.

Quite right. Now, does anybody know where I can get a new shaver from? I dropped it in my cornflakes whilst driving to the station this morning.

Yes, try a cut-throat next time. B)

A few months ago, I stopped to allow a lady driver to pull out from behind a parked car (being the gentleman I am). As she pulled out I could see she had her mobile in one hand. She decided to take the other hand off the wheel as well to wave, causing the car to straighten up and drive straight at me. In her panick she dropped the phone to grab the wheel in order to swerve to avoid me. I did laugh, but obviously I wouldn't have been laughing if she had hit me.

A few months ago, I stopped to allow a lady driver to pull out from behind a parked car (being the gentleman I am). As she pulled out I could see she had her mobile in one hand. She decided to take the other hand off the wheel as well to wave, causing the car to straighten up and drive straight at me. In her panick she dropped the phone to grab the wheel in order to swerve to avoid me. I did laugh, but obviously I wouldn't have been laughing if she had hit me.

Laughing is probably the last thing I would have done, I would have gone for a severe tongue lashing. :angry:

Quite. But it does illustrate how little control people have when using such a device.

Using a mobile while driving is comparable to someone driving while just under the legal drink drive limit.

I was rear ended about 6 weeks ago by some young woman txting. It was bizarre really. I had already noticed she was putting more effort into texting than driving. On the third time of thinking “please love, get your head out your phone we’re coming up to traffic lights se just carried on. I watched her as she hit me. I did try to get my hazards on to alert her but by the time I got them on she was already in by boot.

Initially she said she was not using her phone and was just trying to turn it off as the ringing was distracting her from driving.

Needles to say petition signed.