Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brakes Juddering

b1g_dav3

Right folks, noticed lately I get quite a strong vibration through the steering wheel when breaking, anyone got any ideas what now is falling apart on my car?

The warping was my thought, though I'd have hoped a set of disks would have lasted longer... Never had stuff wear out so fast on a car if honest.

Not necessarily wear.

A difference of a couple of millimetres movement on a discs rotation is noticeable far and above what you would think.

Tbh I'd check the pads for even wear first and if they look ok then I'd get the discs read.

Well if I need new disks, I need new pads; so may as well replace the pads to start with before looking for disks. Annoyingly I don't ever break hard lol, I always change down through gears when approaching a red light or anything.

Not necessarily wear.

A difference of a couple of millimetres movement on a discs rotation is noticeable far and above what you would think.

Tbh I'd check the pads for even wear first and if they look ok then I'd get the discs read.

:o :o think you would notice a couple of millimeter stoney :lol: even just a few thou of an inch would begin to get noticeable

but as stoney has said, if you can get someone with a dial gauge to read how much the discs are running out would certainly give you a definite answer

Boss should have something as I work part time at a breakers :P