Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts
  • Name: Lorenzo
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST-2
  • Year: 2013

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

I had a look from the outside and cant seem to see any sensors ! Looks like they just blacked out that section of the glass completely.

So i guess i have a sensor box....with no sensors! Nice.

Shame they dont wire up the rest of the car with the other missing bits, i miss the simplicity of plug-in footwell lights (simple things :rolleyes: )

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 jimrex

jimrex

Too much time on the boards

• FOC Supporters
  • 574 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: 2011 Mk3 Focus, 2009 Mk7 Fiesta
  • Year: 2011

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

Pardon, but the to black boxes seems aftermarket style . My DAB antenna is mounted on the roof (30 cm'ish whip type) and alle of the sensor are grouped in a console and not visible on by one

I also have a roof mounted aerial - usual thing on cars now. Nothing aftermarket has been added, apart from my GPS speed camera detector which i clip above the rear view mirror. The two black tabs have always been there. I am going into Allen Ford tomorrow so will have a look and see if their Zetec is the same. Anyone else on here have them?

I had a look from the outside and cant seem to see any sensors ! Looks like they just blacked out that section of the glass completely.

So i guess i have a sensor box....with no sensors! Nice.

Shame they dont wire up the rest of the car with the other missing bits, i miss the simplicity of plug-in footwell lights (simple things :rolleyes: )

Had a good look at a friend's brand new ZS yesterday, and he has the same thing. The box is there and ample room for the sensors underneath. Perhaps the box at the top is all wired in but just needs activating? We are going to have a play with an auto light switch and the IDS software to see if it can be activated - will report back what we find ;)

#18 jimrex

jimrex

• FOC Supporters
  • 574 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

Can confirm both Zetecs at Allen Ford are exactly the same as mine, so clearly not an aftermarket fitment.

Had a play with an auto light switch and the IDS software on my Zetec and a mate's Zetec S (who has the sensor block on the windscreen) and no luck I'm afraid...

#19 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

Well i finally got out in the cold and took a picture of the sensors :)

Large sensor on mine is the Radar for the city Stop and Lane departure

20121230_154155.jpg

#20 Loz Cheung

Loz Cheung

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

Cheers Pree, yeah none of that for me!

But there you go, maybe its cheaper to fit them all with sensor boxes rather than...not :huh:

Do you guys (and your friend Jimrex) have SYNC on your stereo? how do you find it? im hoping for an update soon as i find it really slow!

#21 Biggame

Biggame

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: 2013 Focus 1.0 Petrol Titanium+ Estate

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

But there you go, maybe its cheaper to fit them all with sensor boxes rather than...not :huh:

Do you guys (and your friend Jimrex) have SYNC on your stereo? how do you find it? im hoping for an update soon as i find it really slow!

I dont think theres an update for European models just yet. I tried to download an update from the US site but they didnt accept my WIN number. Regarding the slow respond on some commands, I fiddled around in the SYNC settings and It appears now slighly more responsive and with some added functions. I dont know what i did step by step, but I can check the enabeled/disabeled functions in the menu

#22 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
Contributor

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

No SYNC on mine. I would be interested to know Loz if you ever take stereo out , on the left hand side rear is another 10 pin connection , i wonder if its for the SYNC module as it's not connected on mine , unless its for the boot Sub perhaps , so if you ever take yours apart let me know if yours is connected or not.

SYNC does it just add readback for Text messages , what else does it do i have not really read up on it.

#23 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
Contributor

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

I have just read through what extras SYNC would add , it seems a small upgrade on what i curretly have , with perhaps easier dialing without programming you phone book into the car.

When using my Phone i have Vlingo in Car App , which auto starts with bluetooth in the car , which i can do the same and more as SYNC, reads / writes text messages and easy dial etc , also i can just Hey Vlingo take to me too ! and it will start satnav . I was going to enquire at Ford about seeing if it can be installed , but looking at it they would charge hundreds for something i have free in an App.

#24 Loz Cheung

Loz Cheung

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

Cheers Biggame, ive only had a brief scroll so i'll have a good look and play around.

it takes ages linking to the ipod and crashes mid journey. it just doesnt seem particularly stable? Could also be the ipod at fault, but hasnt happened in previous cars!

Pree, I may have a look for you when i update the software soon! Yes, it reads out text messages (yet to be done) and calls 112 via your phone if you crash and deploy the airbags.
Apart from that its essentially the same as your voice control :) you just read what commands are listed on the screen now rather than remembering them.

#25 jimrex

jimrex

• FOC Supporters
  • 574 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

He's only had his for 4 days so it's all very new to him, it's exactly the same as yours! He's on the forum, used to have a MK7 Fiesta - jmbrown91

Precisely! The only reason we couldn't have a proper play with the IDS on his ZS is that it was too new for the software version but I'm sure we'll get over that hurdle and let you know what can be done - for instance, we enabled ambient lighting in my Zetec! ;) (though, may not be possible as it seems Ford dont put the sunglasses holder part in the Zetec or Zetec S now, certainly from the ones I saw yesterday)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: focus, sensor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users