Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brirob24

Door Mirror Wiring Help!

2 posts in this topic

Am hoping someone can help!

I'm trying to replace the passengers door mirror on my st170, but the wiring colours on the new mirror don't quite match the wiring on the car, and the previous owner has very helpfully cut off the socket on the car! There are 5 wires on the new mirror ( 2 black, 1 green, 1 brown, 1 white ) and on the car there are 6 (2 black, 1 green, 1 brown, 2 grey). All the wires on the new mirror have a silver band.

I'm guessing that the same colours go together but don't know what to do with the 1 white and 2 grey - don't want to risk just joining them together!

thanks

Ok I found the original connector in place fixed behind the door card exactly where it should be! Previous owner mustn't have realised and had just cut wires off in the mirror

Note to self : look properly next time!