Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide To Removing/installing Sony Stereo - Mk3 Focus 2011>

iNath

If you have Ford Sync it sounds like you're using a screen from a stereo without Sync which means you lose those functions (tried it on a friend's 62 plate recently :()

• Like 1

I think mines the opposite of what you mentioned, as the screen which came with the sony has sync as one of the menu functions, where as I think my focus is just bluetooth with USB :/

I think mines the opposite of what you mentioned, as the screen which came with the sony has sync as one of the menu functions, where as I think my focus is just Bluetooth with USB :/

I have a spare colour non-Sync screen but I'm looking for a Sync version! PM me if you're interested in a swap.

I suppose it's worth a try if you want to swap? Had a look on ford etis and it said 'less sync' on the minor features section just mentioned 'with bt/vc with USB interface'

• 5 months later...

Hi Nath like you I have the blue matrix screen and the older facer but I have dab radio .would I be able to change mine over to the newer screen and facer and keep my dab radio ?

• 10 months later...

Does anyone know if it will work if I only buy the colour display, without Sony unit?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nathan,

Thanks a lot for the information, I've been looking for this for some time now, this is exactly what I want to do with my Focus.

The plugs from one unit to the other just work fine? I have a the 6 speaker system, so no rewiring needed to make it work with the Sony one? just plug and play?

thank you,

• 2 weeks later...

Guys I attempted the same thing, I replaced my monochrome BM5T-18B955-BE with the same colored AM5T-18B955-CG

SYNC is not working at all, voice commands, bluetooth, USB, etc. Radion and Linein are ok, parking sensors and auto parking are working fine.

Any suggestions?

• Like 1

Goldayday, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you have the wrong screen - you need BM5T not AM5T for Sync to work - the old screen was BM5T so thats why it did!

Goldayday, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you have the wrong screen - you need BM5T not AM5T for Sync to work - the old screen was BM5T so thats why it did!

Hi Nick,

The thing is the AM5T screen's car did have SYNC and it was working there with all the features.

I'm lead to believe that it is a software issue, either I have to install the right firmware on the screen, or just manage to change some settings on the unit, through a software called FoCCCus, Forscan, and a modified Diagnostics cable.

makes sense?

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious, did you sort it in the end?

Well I didn't. I've managed to upload the new BM5T firmware, and the SYNC parts started working (USB charging for instance, voice command button on the steering wheel), but screen was blank.

I am asking the Russian guys who developed Focccus whether there I can make a CM5T (US version) screen work with my BM5T SYNC module, by uploading the same firmware to it.

Now I'm back to monochrome with the Sony Face, looks nicer than the old plastic one to be honest, but still a color screen would look even more classy

• 1 year later...

Hey Nathan! The guide looks fantastic, but the photos aren't loading. Any way of fixing them? Thanks! :)