• Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale

Stonesafe

Play Music Through Bluetooth

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I own a ford Ford Fiesta, Zetec Blue, 2008. The car does have Bluetooth as I can pick up and make call although I have yet to be able to stream music over Bluetooth. I'm currently using the aux port but would like to be able to control the tracks etc via the radio device.

The stereo is:

Sony generation 2

It might be that it just doesn't support audio.... might need to purchase an additional device?

P.S. Phone I'm using is an IPhone 4.

The sound quality will be better if you stick to the cable connection on the Aux port, Bluetooth will degrade the audio which you may or may not notice over the engine and road noise but it is a tidier set up. <_<

Agreed, streaming via bluetooth is not a great idea

Agreed, streaming via bluetooth is not a great idea

Works fine on my Blaupunkt satnav system. Its great never having to run cables and being able to leave the phone in my pocket. I just hit the Aux button and away it goes.

It all comes down to convenience of Bluetooth to the extra quality of a direct connection to the Aux socket, if you can't hear the difference the go for Bluetooth.

I find the bluetooth is better quality than the AUX output. but too get the best quality if you can plug the phone into a USB slot :)

For ease of use the Bluetooth is amazing but it's quite bland. Plugging my phone in has the best sound but then it's annoying getting the cable out :P so I stick with the Bluetooth

The stereo is:

Sony generation 2

It might be that it just doesn't support audio.... might need to purchase an additional device?

P.S. Phone I'm using is an IPhone 4.

2008 could be old or new style fiesta. Are you sure it’s a factory fit Bluetooth kit? If it’s not you may need to go back to the maker of the BT kit.

My New style Fiesta stereo with the factory standard Ford stereo and Bluetooth does Bluetooth from my old iPhone 4 and now the 5.

I'd suggest you update the stereo (http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/downloadsUpdates) and then press AUX to cycle through the options,

The OP has a MK6.5 as they said it's a Zetec Blue.