Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Ford Focus Rain Sensor (Like Or Dislike)

mark mk3

hi all this is to help anyone who is NOT a big fan of auto wipers on a mk3 focus. For me they don't work when i would like them to. so if you take the cover off the front windscreen (give a firm pull down it will come off) just unplug the cable from the sensor and you will then have intermitant wipers and the wheel on the stalk will give speed control as well hope this helps some people. happy days...

Are they different on the Mk3? They are fantastic on the Mk2.5 Tit. Best thing since sliced bread.

it's a mixed bag. some people love them some don't. i have seen on the net that people have had problems if say the screen has been replaced. so this tip is for anyone who would like just the intermitant wipers :rolleyes:

It can be a problem if the screen is replaced and the sensor is not fitted back correctly, also it's not a good idea to have them activated when it's freezing, as the blades my be stuck to the windscreen.

By the way, welcome to the Forum.

Very true i agree. i would also add that if it is not fitted correctly to contact the fitter again to get the sensor fixed in the right place and i think the distance from the screen is also critical for them to work aswell

For the sensor to work properly it should have a gel type square between the screen and the sensor for correct spacing.

thx for the post stony871 im sure this will help people check if that has been done awell.