Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Bulb - O/S

Mr Leroy

Hey guys! This is my first (and likely first of many) post within the forum! Thanks for having me. :>

Ok, so I bought a 2006 ST 4 months back, and amongst untold amounts of keyings and such (which still need treatment, all in time) the Passenger side Main Beam Lamp has gone.

I've bought a new bulb and it's the right one for sure. Ive popped the bonnet, squeezed my hand down the back of the lamp, unscrewed the black cap covering the bulb housing, and popped off the plug from the back of the bulb. Now i'm stumped completely. How do i get the bulb out in order to replace it?

I'm trying to avoid taking out the large tank behind the lamp and all the piping as I know i will break it (and my partner will spaz if i do).

any tips? :)

Thanks!

Im driving a 2006 Ford Fiesta at the moment and the way I changed the bulbs was by takeing out the whole light itself. I think the ST lights are the same as the normal fiesta. There should be three screws on top of the light. Undo these and the whole light should come out. Its alot easier and you have alot more access. Hope this helps :P

Im driving a 2006 Ford Fiesta at the moment and the way I changed the bulbs was by takeing out the whole light itself. I think the ST lights are the same as the normal fiesta. There should be three screws on top of the light. Undo these and the whole light should come out. Its alot easier and you have alot more access. Hope this helps :P

Only screws or are there some nuts/bolts also, as I recall seeing one, but perhaps it was not related to the light.

Thanks for the help! I will take a look once more :>

I might've confused matters, O/S on my car is N/S on a UK car, I'm driving a left hooker from the lovely nation of France.

:(

I'm running into troubles with this still :(

Problem I have now is that whilst there are only three screws to take the light out of place, one of them is tucked behind the bumper. I can't get any access behind the light due to the coolant tank blocking the path. I have my miracle managed to get the cap off and the bulb out, but refitting the new is not possible without either A: having the light out entirely, or B: removing the coolant tank.

I'm not to keen on removing the bumper as I'm simply not confident with doing this. Am I really going to have to take it to a garage to be done?

I thought these things were designed to be done on the hard shoulder?? :(

I'm running into troubles with this still :(

Problem I have now is that whilst there are only three screws to take the light out of place, one of them is tucked behind the bumper. I can't get any access behind the light due to the coolant tank blocking the path. I have my miracle managed to get the cap off and the bulb out, but refitting the new is not possible without either A: having the light out entirely, or B: removing the coolant tank.

I'm not to keen on removing the bumper as I'm simply not confident with doing this. Am I really going to have to take it to a garage to be done?

I thought these things were designed to be done on the hard shoulder?? :(

Funny thing, I had a bulb go and my nice neighbour changed the bulb for me. What he had to do was (cos I watched him) remove the grille by unclipping two clips where it fits to the top of the bodywork, and three/four push clips where the grille fits to the bumper. Undo the two big screws at the top of the headlight, then pull the bumper forward no more than 10 cm (it will come forward but don't go to hard with it) - then you can reach the other screw behind the bumper. It took him a long while to wiggle it out (the light I mean), as it kept getting caught somehow on the top because of the shape of the light. He changed the bulb ever so quickly, then had the job of wiggling the light back in, doing up the three screws, push the bumper back in place and snap the grille back in.

I think it took him 2 mins. to change the bulb and about 30 mins to undo and do up the screws.

Hope that helps.

Kristal

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Not as big as a 747 but much easier to park.)

Funny thing, I had a bulb go and my nice neighbour changed the bulb for me. What he had to do was (cos I watched him) remove the grille by unclipping two clips where it fits to the top of the bodywork, and three/four push clips where the grille fits to the bumper. Undo the two big screws at the top of the headlight, then pull the bumper forward no more than 10 cm (it will come forward but don't go to hard with it) - then you can reach the other screw behind the bumper. It took him a long while to wiggle it out (the light I mean), as it kept getting caught somehow on the top because of the shape of the light. He changed the bulb ever so quickly, then had the job of wiggling the light back in, doing up the three screws, push the bumper back in place and snap the grille back in.

I think it took him 2 mins. to change the bulb and about 30 mins to undo and do up the screws.

Hope that helps.

Kristal

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Not as big as a 747 but much easier to park.)

This is one of the advantages you girls have over us blokes--you only have to flutter those lovely eyes at us and we'll be putty in your hands................................. :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club