Photo
- - - - -

Yes The Car's In Warrenty Sir, But That'll Be 900.

Turboless 1.4 TDCI

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 2011fiesta

2011fiesta

Geordie Fordie

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,717 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: 2011 Fiesta Titanium Auto
  • Year: 2011

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:37 AM

Oh just noticed this old thread - sorry I'd never responded.   :-s

Seems like a life time ago now but basically from what I remember after arguing and arguing, Ford didn't back down. So you'll be disappointed to know that my dad gave up and replaced it himself. (It was christmas time and had went on long enough, and my dad just wanted his car sorted to get on with his job).

I think he'd went to a local certified Ford service place who does a lot of work for a large taxi firm (with mostly Fords on their fleet). They recommended a turbo which was the same as the OEM one, just without 'Ford' stamped on it - for a lot less than £900 - can't remember the price he paid).

Without asking my dad thats pretty much all I remember, and the cars been fine since. He'll be looking into changing it either this year or around March 2015 - probably for a new Fiesta actually as I guess after time passes you kinda forget about odd troubles like this one. Generally the Fiesta is a great little car, and one that is desirable for new drivers to learn in .

(And Kevzs960 - his car has all its service stamps etc, probably pretty close to the recommended time/mileage too, but nevermind).

Cheers guys. Sorry again for the disappointing outcome. lol

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#32 dmizz93

dmizz93

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3
  • Year: 2014

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:24 PM

Same thing happened with mine... At the time I thought I was keeping the car so had it done through Ford just because of the 12 month warranty inc fitting etc..

I did some research in to turbos that were the same as the oem's and pretty certain Garrett or similar make turbos were around £250 on exchange basis, would have saved me like £800 quid considering ford charged me 1200 for it :'(

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

#33 GrahamJC

GrahamJC

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST3
  • Year: 2014

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:59 PM

Warranties are additional to any rights you may have under the Sale of Goods Act, they are not a substitute. When you buy a
car the agreement is called a 'simple contract' and you may have rights lasting up to SIX YEARS from the date of purchase.
This will of course depend on how much you paid for the car and the nature of the fault. Some garages like you to believe
that the warranty is all you have if your car develops a fault but that is definitely not the case.

#34 MattDRX

MattDRX

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,490 posts
  • Name: Matthew
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST2 Pauper Spec
  • Year: 2013

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:04 PM

2011 Fiesta, Personally I'd speak to a solicitor about this, you have 7 years from the date of enquiry and being boyed off from them to make a claim.

I'd basically just get a letter drawn up to a small claims court for the money back from Ford, Turbo is covered it's a critical component of the engine, so long as it's within service schedule it'll be fine, Ford will probably get the letter from the courts, it'll be under what £500 going by your post, they'll just write a check, that amount of money isn't worth going to court over due to legal fees being more than that, time out of the office and solicitor costs etc, you'll be able to claim back the £90 odd court fee so long as you cancel it within 3 days or so of the court date.

Honestly, if they get the letter well worded and you're after a few hundred quid they'll just cough up.

Perhaps write to Ford director office first and make this known and see what they say.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users