Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Fiesta, St150 Engine Swap?

wentalong

Hey all,

Coming up to getting my license now and am going to be given a Mk6 1.25 Fiesta, However my mates currently got an ST150 lump sitting in his garage fully working with the gearbox.

Im wondering how easy it would be to swap from the 1.25 to the ST150's lump?

Also, What would be required to do so?

I've done a bit of research and haven't been able to come up with much and so was wondering if anyone could enlighten me? :)

Sounds as if it should work what with them being in the same 'family' but no idea if mounts are different etc.

Thanksssss,

Curtis

Yes it would work but you'd destroy the clutch, drive shaft etc just to name a few. So you'd have to change all those parts which could become pricy.

I don't want to burst your bubble but the insurance company will just laugh in your face :(

When I was 17 I had the same mk 6 1.25 and that cost me £1300 a year. I'd hate to think what that would cost

Im afriad i have to agree with marc on this one. Looked into this myself not long after getting my license and in all seriousness, the guy on th phone(from the insurance company) genuinly laughed. You'll be waiting a while mate, get the look of thencar sorted, then 2/3 years down the line, get a complete engine swap... Thats what im going to try

Anyone know if you can put a focus engine in a fiesta zetec? Wont be happening for a long time regardless

Your insurance would be more for a 1.25 with an ST engine than it would be for a genuine ST. You'd need to change the engine,gearbox,driveshafts,brakes,ECU and engine wiring loom also the 1.25 suspension wouldn't be up to the job either

Hmm, seems the insurance most likely will bollock me for chucking the ST lump in there, although added costs from the top of my head will come to around 700-£800 for 2 ST drive shafts, arms and hubs, ECU, clocks & key and a 300mm brake upgrade from PumaSpeed (could probably get the cost down to £500-£600 given time,

The £500-£600 mark and another £600 for the engine & gearbox doesnt sound toooooo bad to me, although im sure the insurance will make me cry... :'(

Forgot to mention he'd giving me the loom aswell, maybe i will have to focus on looks inside and out for now and rag the engine untill next year?

Edited by stef123
mind your language

Hmm, seems the insurance most likely will bollock me for chucking the ST lump in there, although added costs from the top of my head will come to around 700-£800 for 2 ST drive shafts, arms and hubs, ECU, clocks & key and a 300mm brake upgrade from PumaSpeed (could probably get the cost down to £500-£600 given time,

The £500-£600 mark and another £600 for the engine & gearbox doesnt sound toooooo bad to me, although im sure the insurance will make me cry... :'(

Forgot to mention he'd giving me the loom aswell, maybe i will have to focus on looks inside and out for now and rag the engine untill next year?

Rag it and crash it.

• 1 month later...

Thinking of doing the Same to my mk6 1.4. For a rally car got a cat c car cheap and thinking of conversion into st.