Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

123yahyaa

Pipercross Hfic Installation

7 posts in this topic

so i got myself one of these > OOohlalaaa!

ive installed it but got some concerns...

- the cold air feed doesnt fit properly on the ram air duct, the pipe to small

- the screws and bolts that hold down the lid are loose!!! and i cant tighten it anymore, its like there's a stopper on the nut

- the two rear mounting bits dont really kkeep the kit in place?? anyway to tighten this?

- and what do i do with the 'isolation fixing bracket', it has nothing to clip into now :/

sorry if this is a bit of a list, but if anyone has got one of these, any help would be appreciated :)

the noise is pretty damn sexy btw :wub:

Seems like a piece of junk to me based on most of it not fitting right, I'd send it back for either refund/replacement.

I'm with the man above. Is there a parts list in the box so you can check it's all there?

I find Pipercross a bit cheap, which isn't so bad if you're willing to retrofit, but honestly that seems off.

yeah, it does feel a bit cheap. shoulda payed a bit more for a j1 kit ahaha

Just as a matter of interest -

Apart from making more noise is there any other difference, eg - does the engine pull better/ rev better?

yeh, i would say it feels a lil bit nicer to accelerate, not sure on mpg though. its gone down a lot since i put it in, cant stop revving ahaha