Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

Davidkent

Focus Poor Heaters

8 posts in this topic

As above,

My mum has been complaining about her heaters and from what research i can find, i'm not coming up with much.

The blowers don't seem very powerful anymore, even when on full - Seems to be a different fault to that caused by a dodgy heater switch resistor, so i'm stumped here.

Also, they only really seem to be blowing warm air, not Hot air - The temp guage on the car does go up, but i'm not sure whre its supposed to sit and so i'm not sure its correct or not, i also rarely drive the car so its hard to guage myself.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Its a 2006 '56' 1.8 TDCi model, i think its an LX if that makes any odds..

Thanks

David

As above,

My mum has been complaining about her heaters and from what research i can find, i'm not coming up with much.

The blowers don't seem very powerful anymore, even when on full - Seems to be a different fault to that caused by a dodgy heater switch resistor, so i'm stumped here.

Also, they only really seem to be blowing warm air, not Hot air - The temp guage on the car does go up, but i'm not sure whre its supposed to sit and so i'm not sure its correct or not, i also rarely drive the car so its hard to guage myself.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Its a 2006 '56' 1.8 TDCi model, i think its an LX if that makes any odds..

Thanks

David

Change the pollen filter. Could be blocked.

Ah wouldn't suprise me in honesty, I may check it first atleast, where is it? lol

Underneath the glovebox. If I remember correctly, it's three screws. It's not easy to get at though.

Ah I see, well worth a look then!

Ill look shortly or this afternoon and have a go, any other possibilities?

Thanks mate

Ah I see, well worth a look then!

Ill look shortly or this afternoon and have a go, any other possibilities?

Thanks mate

Heater matrix? That's all I can think of.

Ah, coolant level is fine and it's still spotless clean so I can't see it being either damaged or blocked, will check that filter though.

Thanks bud

I'd say filter too.

When it gets dirty or wet the reduced air flow will cause the system to reduce heat to avoid burning out the resistors and heater matrix.