Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Sizes

DanGersFord

Im getting a set of 16" alloys but they're not supplied with tyres. How do you find out what size tyres are right for the alloys/car?

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_fiesta_mk6_65_x_16_12_spoke_alloy_wheel_f_1505627_c_246.htm

Thats the alloys im getting

Is there a way to find out exactly? Or would I be best just taking one of the alloys to a tyre place and just letting them sort it out?

I'm not 100% sure how to find out, but knowing Ford - it will be the same tyre size as the MK7 Fiesta with 16" alloys.

Would it be the same tyre size thats quoted in the owners manual for 16" or would that be different because of the alloys?

you have to keep your rolling radius the same (or extremely similar) so your speedo and odometer still work correctly..

If you post your current tyre size, i can work it out for you

sounds like a good plan then!! But get the tyre place to check

Cheers :) im also getting it lowered aswell would I be better doing that before fitting the alloys?

doesnt really matter... at the same time would be good as youll already have the wheels off..

Would I be better getting coilovers or just springs? And would I need new set of bushes? Its a petrol engine

Better obviously coilovers, look at the price difference. Your stock shocks are designed to work with the stock springs, not with aftermarket ones, so they're not going to work as originally designed. Coilovers are designed to be used over a range of strengths and such.

That said, you'd be taking 30mm off the height, so it's not going to make a massive difference anyway or there'd be no market for springs.

Difference - £450 for a bottom end set of coil overs with only height adjustment, £100 for a similar quality set of lowering springs. Got the £350 extra and you'll be glad you got them, but it's a situation of how much money do you have to spend. I mean Ford use Eibach springs at around £180 which are what I'd go for if I went for just springs.

The way I see it, if ever you touch the suspension you should always change the bushes, unless just replacing like-for-like. Rubber bushes are junk especially when lowering. That said, again it's around £150 to replace the bushes.

So id be better getting a set of coilovers that come with a set of bushes aswel? The moneys not realy a problem id rather pay the extra for something decent than be dissapointed bu something crap. Is there a particularly decent brand for the coilovers?

I'd go for poly bushes, not sure if many or any coil over packs come with, mine didn't even come with rubber ones.

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product_category.jsp?categoryID=29&modelID=6

Take your pick really, some more budget, some more expensive.

I've not a clue, you'd have to ring them to ask. Mine didn't but they weren't Eibach's. You need to find if they're poly or rubber bushes too if they do come with them, rubber are fine but poly are much better. Then again, you're going to feel the road more through the wheel and car as it firms things up; may not always be the nicest ride on England's roads. I find mine fine though.

Thats alright I stay in scotland ;) haha it says paired with bilstein damping?

It means it's the 35mm springs you get from lowering kits, paired with a set of shocks designed for those springs. It's a good fixed set, it depends if you want fixed or adjustable height really.

Well I probably wouldnt be adjusting it anyway. Would I still needed to buy bushes with that kit?