Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

MrsMcBee

Help/advice Needed!

13 posts in this topic

I am hoping someone can help or point me in the right direction please? 59 plate Fiesta Titanium won't start. It's keyless ignition and it unlocks, stereo works but ignition button won't start the car. It flashed up a message once, power steering failure but it had just been driven with no issues then when we went to start it 5 minutes later, it refused to do anything. It's stuck in a parking bay with the steering lock on so we can't move it but we have to get it moved somehow or parking tickets daily! Fuses have been checked and all seem ok. Ford can't even look at it until next Wednesday!

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

I am hoping someone can help or point me in the right direction please? 59 plate Fiesta Titanium won't start. It's keyless ignition and it unlocks, stereo works but ignition button won't start the car. It flashed up a message once, power steering failure but it had just been driven with no issues then when we went to start it 5 minutes later, it refused to do anything. It's stuck in a parking bay with the steering lock on so we can't move it but we have to get it moved somehow or parking tickets daily! Fuses have been checked and all seem ok. Ford can't even look at it until next Wednesday!

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Is their any emergency key for keyless entry?

Ive saw Mk7's drive in to work fine but wouldnt start when going home,

Common fault with ignition ring sensor not sencing the key chip is inserted,

But yours is keyless.

If still under warrenty, id pass the parking fee's on to ford because the fault caused the fee's

No, it's just out of warranty (October). There is an emergency key inside the fob but it's only to open the doors. There is no ignition barrel to fit a key in that I can see.

Has it got an immobiliser light? What's it doing when you try to start?

Yes it has, the factory fitted one. Basically, it does nothing when you press the start button. Radio works, lights work etc but it doesn't start the engine at all. The odd thing is, 5 minutes before it was fine. It was just when we tried to start it to head off for Xmas dinner!

Doh! just read that again - I don't think it was flashing but I'll let you know. UPDATE - no flashing. Although my thoughts are it is immobilised somehow!

The emergency key that you use to open the door fits in where the usual Ign key would go there is a plastic circle panel that if you use the key clips off , insert the key , foot on clutch and try the start button.

The key does not turn it just slides in.

Thanks Preee, I knew there was something about the key but couldn't find it in the manual. Had it towed to the Ford dealer this morning but they can't look at it until Wednesday. God knows how much it's going to cost - £60 just for a diagnostic and another £50 for the tow so far.

I'll post what the issue was once I know.

Thanks all.

Your welcome , hope its an easy fix , i had a problem starting my old Focus Mk2.5 once and used the Key to start it and it worked and cleared the fault , Ford then updated the system for me.

UPDATE

Steering lock failure - £410 to replace!

Wow thats a lot of money for a steering lock , i would ask for the broken part back so you can get it checked

Guessing you're only just out of warranty? >.<

Guessing you're only just out of warranty? >.<

Yep - by 2 months :( Time to get rid.

Yep - by 2 months :( Time to get rid.

Ask the dealer to approach Ford for a good will contribution. No way that part should fail within the life of e car and especially not < 5 years.