Car Mods - What Floats Your Boat?
Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:11 AM
- 3D Number Plates
- Colour Coding front Fog Surrounds
- Cree Side Lights
- Carbon Wrap Spoiler/ Carbon Wrap Grille
- Mist Water Jets
- Had Wind deflectors ( But broke few weeks ago so will have to get new ones )
- Rear Tints and Sun Strip
- Paint Calipers
- Custom Leather Interior
Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:46 PM
1 Nice set of black 17/18" wheels
2 Lower it slightly so the wheels FIT the arch (not look like its on stilts but also not so the wheel is inside the arch)
3 powerflow exhaust to get a deeper sound but not to loud
4 maybe get some nice tinted rear lights if i can find any?
5 And get rid of the wood effect dash .....maybe with carbon film...
Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:56 PM
Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:26 PM
For those who like to modify their car and add their own touch… what mods would you apply to your car first? Wheels, spoilers or performance mods, in which order would you modify your ride? What Top 5 Mods you would do first?
Top 5 in order :-
2. Exhaust System (Manifold/CAT/Back Box)
3. Upgrade Brakes (Bigger/Better)
4. Suspension (Coilovers/Strut Braces/Polybushes)
5. Lights (HiD)
These mods would only be done on a car i'd intend to use on a track for track days.
I'm not one for flashy alloys or body kits or bright interior lighst everywhere. I like to keep it as standard as possible and replace with standard or an upgrade on standard as and where possible.
If you want a faster better car then buy one!
Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:22 PM
It depends on the car - good modifiing is "fixing" the shortfalls of the car, ie if you have an ST220 and you drive it hard - the brakes are barely adequate braking from 150mph (off road, of course!) - plenty power - poor traction, so st225 brakes and an LSD are on the cards
Most modern Fords have great handling, and you don't really need bigger wheels/ tyres (bigger wheels (eg 18s) dont make that much difference and are mostly for looks, same with lowering the car, often the handling is worse
So if you have a 1.4L or 1.6L Fiesta or Focus etc, the standard brakes, wheels, tyres,/ handling are probably more than up to the job,(if looked after/ serviced + decent tyres fitted) and all you really need is MORE POWER
I agree about handling being decent along with the brakes. At the end of the day, I think it all depends on preference and how you drive your car.
More power I think is the best bang for your buck. Remap would put the biggest smile on your face as well.
My top 5 list:
1. Air filter. I am dubious of the efficacy of whole induction kits. Check out the Mighty Car Mods episode about that. Very educational. Cheapest option of getting a reusable air filter from K&N or Green Cotton will add a nice sound and make the car run better with a slightly improved fuel efficiency. So far have done that to 3 different cars: 2 Foci, 1 Renault Megane and 1 Seat Leon. Very happy with the results.
2. Wind deflectors. Quieter cabin on long motorway journeys. Not too expensive mod and the car looks nicer I think.
3. Sound system. Nothing beats a decent sound system while driving by yourself. Always puts a smile on my face when I crank the volume to a good tune.
4. Remap. Thinking maybe Superchips Bluefin for the ease of access and good reviews from what I have read.
5. Suspension. Shocks, springs ,anti roll bars and exhaust.
This is my current wishlist
Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:03 PM
1). A straight through pipe custom made cat-back exhaust so it can release the gases quicker and not damage the engine.
2). Nitrous kit for that moment when a bmw M3 pulls up along side you.
3). Remapping ECU for performance.
4). 4-2-1 Manifold (because its overall better than a good looking air induction kit which is tiny and most probably the wrong colour code that you want).
5). Fit a Turbocharger including a blow off valve as it has better forced air induction than (air filter/air induction kit).
Haha i would have gone for neon lights but I would prefer to drive a car that is fast!!
I couldnt imagine modifying your car with alloys, body kits and then it goes slower than a prius.
Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:30 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users