Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Logo Welcome Lights

Focuschick

Hi, I've just brought some ford logo lights that fit at the bottom of the doors but can't find the interior light wire to attach the wire to, anyone know where it is on the door panel or somewhere else to attach the wire. Thanks

Hi, I've just brought some ford logo lights that fit at the bottom of the doors but can't find the interior light wire to attach the wire to, anyone know where it is on the door panel or somewhere else to attach the wire. Thanks

Hi,

If you have front footwell lighting you could attach to the orange for positive and black for negative feed

Check for power on the window switches , you may get lucky , if not then you will have to take a wire from either your center interior light and down the side column through the door gater and into the door , or like Lenny has said , from foot well lighting.

Thanks for the replies, going to fit them to footwell light, will put pics up when fitted :)

Does anyone know a good auto electrician in nottingham to fit these lights? Having trouble trying to fit them thanks :)

Does anyone know a good auto electrician in nottingham to fit these lights? Having trouble trying to fit them thanks :)

Breaks my heart to see someone resorting to an auto electrican who will see pound signs rolling in his eyes on a job like this.

I can advise and help you this morning via here on the open forum or PM

May save you over 50 pounds in labour costs.

You will need:

Electrical pvc insulating tape

Snips/pliers or wire cutters if not then even a stanley blade

And some screwdrivers

Hi thanks the bit I'm getting stuck with is getting the wire from the door the the footwell lights or could I attach the wire to the door mirror puddle light wires ?

Hi thanks the bit I'm getting stuck with is getting the wire from the door the the footwell lights or could I attach the wire to the door mirror puddle light wires ?

No problem,

If you have puddle lights present in the wing mirrors you could splice in to that loom,

But if you dont have the puddle light present then you may still have the loom for them,

If you dont have lights in the wing mirrors please let me know and ill check the haynes manual for the loom colour.

Hi I haven't got puddles present on my wing mirrors

The loom for them may still be their and will carry power through to the main footwell for you instead of fishing cables.

LH wing mirror puddle light positive feed is:

Orange&white

RH wing mirror puddle light positive feed is also:

Orange& white

Earth feed for both sides is black.

If you dont currently have puddle lights in the mirrors then you may still have this loom,

So id splice the puddle lights in and check for power,

Please note:

The Gem cuts power to interior illumination after 40minutes so dont panic if the lights go off during working on the car,

Just turn the ignition on and off to reset the timer.

Also if you connect to the puddle light loom,

And you currently dont have puddle lights fitted,

And

You now find yourself in a position;

Where you have connected your new puddle lights to the loom but theirs no power, dont panic.

Because in this case, the puddle lights were not factory fitted so this also means they are not activated in the Gem.

So to get power flowing to the puddle light loom in both doors.

Locate the same two cables inside the car, where the cables come in from the door.

Snip the cable in half to create two seperate cables.

Connect the section leading from the door to your active footwell light on the same side.

Tape up the other section leading to the Gem.

Do this on both sides to obtain same results. If you find yourself in the position of no puddle light in mirror and no power in puddle light loom.

Please see above post i wrote earlier encase you were going to say that lol

Trying to save you time by trouble shooting all possible event.

I have connected wires to the wires for puddle lights but don't seem to light anything up

Connect the wires to the Electric Window Switch , it's live once Un-Locked

I have connected wires to the wires for puddle lights but don't seem to light anything up

You now find yourself in a position; Where you have connected your new puddle lights to the loom but theirs no power, dont panic. Because in this case, the puddle lights were not factory fitted so this also means they are not activated in the Gem.

So to get power flowing to the puddle light loom in both doors. Locate the same orange/white cable in the footwells inside the car, where the cables come in from the door. Snip the cable in half to create two seperate cables.

Connect the section leading from the door to your active footwell light on the same side. Tape up the other section leading to the Gem.

Do this on both sides to obtain same results. If you find yourself in the position of no puddle light in mirror and no power in puddle light loom.

Dont snip the black

Just leave the negative of the logo ligh5 spliced to the connections in the wing mirror

Ensure to tape them seperatly and dont let them touch each other.

Then inside the car

Cut the orange&white only!

Not the black,

Thanks ill give that go in the week when I'm off, ill you know how I get on

Thanks ill give that go in the week when I'm off, ill you know how I get on

No prob.