Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possible Turbo Failure?

DJ_Andy_M

All of a sudden today my car struggled to go up hill on the A32 like it has to every Friday. And trying to over take was a complete no go.

Dropping to a lower gear didn't help the situation much other than just revving the engine harder.

I did notice however that stopping the car, turning the engine off and then starting it again would resume normal turbo activities for about 10 minutes before being back in the lack of power situation.

I have no engine management lights, or other errors appearing on the dash.

Car has done about 17K since February and has been recently serviced, including fuel filter if I recall.

Ford Focus MK2 Facelift, 1.6L 110ps TDCi.

sounds like its going into limp mode if it goes back to normal when switched off i had similar on my 2.0l i,d get it checked out at the earliest convinience

it sounds like its going into limp mode but it would be good if it gave you a warning light as this would mean you probably have a fault code and a clue of where to start.

limp mode will restrict your power heavily but it can be caused by hundreds of things so without further inspection you might never know. even without a fault light though it might have stored codes as pending.

sounds like its going into limp mode if it goes back to normal when switched off i had similar on my 2.0l i,d get it checked out at the earliest convinience

I'm going to put some BP Ultimate in her tonight to try and clean the system a bit. Almost at the 50 mile bing bong so its time for a fill up anyway.

it sounds like its going into limp mode but it would be good if it gave you a warning light as this would mean you probably have a fault code and a clue of where to start.

limp mode will restrict your power heavily but it can be caused by hundreds of things so without further inspection you might never know. even without a fault light though it might have stored codes as pending.

I'll wack the dash into test mode and see if there's anything on there before I drive back tonight, and then get it to my mechanic asap.

Interesting drive back, no loss of power what so ever. Turbo happy as larry. No codes in the dash test either.

Will monitor this, and probably get it looked at after new year to be sure.

If my DPF needs replacing, amen to the 3 year warranty that cost an arm and a leg as that should cover it!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club