Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water Leak

Elaine276

Hi everyone,

Just joined the forum and hoping that someone can help with a problem i have. I have an 09 fiesta 1.25 zetec. The rear offside passenger footwell is saturated in water, rear sets also feel damp and water found in spare wheel housing compartment, the rear nearside is completely dry.

Can anyone tell me is this a common problem and can offer any advice or solutions. Any help would be much appreciated, many thanks in advance.

Thanks Steve,

Iv'e checked the door seals and they seem to be intact. Are there any others i should be checking? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks Steve,

Iv'e checked the door seals and they seem to be intact. Are there any others i should be checking? Any help is appreciated.

Is the headlining dry? Some people have had issues with the roof rack mounting points letting water in.

Thanks Colin, headlining is completely dry. Narrowed it down to it coming in from rear or boot on driver's side. Somewhere ??

Thanks Colin, headlining is completely dry. Narrowed it down to it coming in from rear or boot on driver's side. Somewhere ??

Probably time to remove the boot carpet and jump in the back while someone hoses down the back and underside. It might help you find the spot.

Also if its a 5 door check the window is fully shut.

Thank you, iv'e checked all the simple things that i can think of. Will try your suggestion with hoses.

Thanks very much also Nathan. Way beyond my capabilties but shall get my partner to have a look, does anyone know if Ford would repair even though my car an 09 plate.

Thanks very much also Nathan. Way beyond my capabilties but shall get my partner to have a look, does anyone know if Ford would repair even though my car an 09 plate.

They can repair but it won't be free. The warranty only covers leaks for the first year (really poor).

hi elaine

i had the same trouble few weeks back, it cost me £288 first time, ad to take it back because it was still leaking, mine was a 59 plate (10 reg) which i brought private, two seals ad gone on the front wing got intouch with fords customer relations and they helped alot if you got a case i didn't have to pay in the end, follow my reviews or look for water leaks, my local dealer was spot on. :)

I had a water leak a year ago. 3 inches of water in wheel well and back seat wet. 4 leaks found - 2 in roof rack trim and 2 in body work elsewhere. Headlining seemed dry but staining came through about 4 months later. Apparently sorted by Ford. Now its leaking again!

• 2 weeks later...

This may be of interest to you... (see attached)

hello there mate! i had alook at the attachment i think i got the water leak problem but i am confused on what kind of seal i gotta used? thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club