Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Discounted Car Insurance: Owners Club insurance could save you money on your car insurance. Get a quote

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

Ford Car Parts: View All ford car parts by category. Look for Ford Car Parts now!

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

killgannon

Adjusting Steering Wheel

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I've just had my first car a 2001 fiesta freestyle and I love it but being quite a big guy there's not much room for my legs which makes long drives quite uncomfortable. The steering wheel looks as though there's space above it for it to be raised but for the life of me I cannot find a straight answer anywhere as to if it's possible and if so how it's done. The owner's guide I have doesn't mention anything and an online guide showed a lever that's not present on my steering column. Can anyone help shed some light on the matter?

On mine theres a lever on the underside of the steering wheel. I coukdnt find it at first either. Is yours a mk 5 or mk 6?

I believe it's the mk 5, the only lever on the underside that I can find is a red one that opens the bonnet

Because of the confusion between the models you probably wont find a sttaight answer online. But there is no way to adjust it on the mk5 (1999-2002) only lever is the bonnet release in the cabin. Sorry.