Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Click Noise From Rear Brake Drum

Tedward

I have a 57 plate Focus Style 1.6 Tdci. Every time I apply light, or heavy, pressure to the brake pedal I get a click from the rear offside drum. If I immediately press the pedal again I don't get the click. It only happens if the brake has been rested for a short time and not when under constant braking.

So far I've had the drums off. Replaced the shoes, and messed around with the self-adjuster. All to no avail.

One question though. When I replaced the shoes the stop tabs on the wheel cylinder were at the front with the shoe tab behind them. Is it possible they should be at the back. Therefore holding the shoe away from the back-plate. Also, the click doesn't happen if I use the handbrake to slow the car.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tedward

You sure you atent just getting an abs test noise the rear drums are prone to this and stick in very cold weather first press of the brakes does an abs test sfter that it goes away dont use the hsnd brake to slow the car i would leave the brakes as they were

It is possible, but the rear drums don't appear to have any ABS sensors on them, I think! but I'm not sure!

One thing I do know is. The click is loud enough to be very annoying.

Cheers Tedward

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club