Show
Photo

19" Snow Flake Alloys Fitment To 1.6Tdci Will They Fit?

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,445 posts
  • Name: Leonard
  • Ford Model: Focus ZetecS
  • Year: 2010
Contributor

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

Hi all,
Ive been drooling over these 8.0J X 19 ET55 ford alloys since october 2012

Posted Image

My New Years Resolution is;
To purchase a set of these snow flake alloys aswell as some eibach 30mm lowering springs Finis: 1358918 before the summer

Question is:
Would this combination work on my Mk2.5 1.6TDCi
I thought their were 40mm eibach's available too.
Also what size of tyres would a be able to fit on these?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Mike77

Mike77

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Name: Mike
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium
  • Year: 2008

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:08 PM

I'd say at the very least, tyre wise you'd be looking at a 235-35-19 possibly even having to go to a 30 profile, and they ain't gonna be cheap. And with the lowering aswell its gonna be quite a bumpy ride (mainly because of the tyres) the springs you mention come in a 'comfort' form also. Which are a little softer than conventional lowering springs.

#3 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,445 posts
Contributor

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

I'd say at the very least, tyre wise you'd be looking at a 235-35-19 possibly even having to go to a 30 profile, and they ain't gonna be cheap. And with the lowering aswell its gonna be quite a bumpy ride (mainly because of the tyres) the springs you mention come in a 'comfort' form also. Which are a little softer than conventional lowering springs.

Thanks for your response Mike,
Would the comfort form of the springs still lower the car and how do i tell the difference between the standard lower and comfort lower, is the comfort lower ones black and the standard lower ones blue?

Also i travel mostly on motorway or around town, i dont have many speed ramps or pot holes,
Would the ride still be hard?
This is my first time lowering a car, and id bare the cost of the rubber they should last me two years.
Maybe pay for the tyres with the sale of my existing 16" snow flakes with tyres and centre caps.

#4 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,073 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

Just make sure you have a dentist 30mm eibachs were blue no idea what black ones are with those tyres at such a low profile and tge springs yep it will be a bumpy ride

#5 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,445 posts
Contributor

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

Just make sure you have a dentist 30mm eibachs were blue no idea what black ones are with those tyres at such a low profile and tge springs yep it will be a bumpy ride

Thanks
Im starting to get the picture lol
Ok if i leave the existing springs in place,
Then replace the 16" alloys with 19" then that would do the job of filling the arches right?
And maximise the amount of space left for a tyre wall?

#6 Mike77

Mike77

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

If you fit 19's without lowering it, its more than likely gonna look like its on stilts, or a giant roller boot lol. Whichever route you take it is going to be a firmer ride. The comfort springs are a lowering spring, just a bit softer over the bumps, but still uprated from the standard ones. The tyres will be the biggest factor in making for a bumpy ride, and you can't make up the gap from not lowering it with a bigger side wall, the rolling circumference of the old wheels and the new ones should be as close as possible, hence why you would be going from say a 55 profile, to a 35 ish. So the wheels would be bigger but the lower profile tyre would make them roughly the same size as your old ones if stood side by side...

#7 Foci_st3

Foci_st3

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Name: D
  • Ford Model: MK3 Focus Titanium x
  • Year: 2012

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

Ford eibachs are 30mm from what I saw when I fitted them to my old st, you will need a 235/30r19 tyre which will be the best option as there only -1.5% difference where as a 35 profile is nearly +2.5% difference which is to much.

#8 TDCiST

TDCiST

No Smoke No Poke... Unless you have a DPF!

• 1,681 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Zetec S 1.6 TDCi
Contributor

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

doing some research... you could use 225/30r19's on an 8 Inch Rim... this would give you a 0.47% change... or 3mm diameter lol

Worth checking with a tyre garage though... From what i could find ideal tyre width for an 8.0 is 225/235, minimum being 215, max being 245...

would be an incredibly harsh ride though... especially on the roads in this country!!! you may as well fit elastic bands to the rims ;)

#9 Foci_st3

Foci_st3

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

A 225/30r19 would be very uncomfortable and look to thin on the car, 235/30r19 is the way to go for having a bit of comfort still.

#10 TDCiST

TDCiST

• 1,681 posts
Contributor

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

as much comfort as a 30 profile can give lol ;)

either way, bet its still bumpy

#11 Foci_st3

Foci_st3

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

Oh yeah it's gonna be hard either way, I had a Mondeo st200 and I first put full spax adjustables on it set to full hardness with the stock 17s but when I went to 18s with 2254018 it nearly broke my back had to adjust them to full soft to make it comfy again.

#12 TDCiST

TDCiST

• 1,681 posts
Contributor

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

full hardness!! your mad!! lol

ive been in a track prepped fiesta with coilies set full hard... ouch!!

#13 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,445 posts
Contributor

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

Ford eibachs are 30mm from what I saw when I fitted them to my old st, you will need a 235/30r19 tyre which will be the best option as there only -1.5% difference where as a 35 profile is nearly +2.5% difference which is to much.

doing some research... you could use 225/30r19's on an 8 Inch Rim... this would give you a 0.47% change... or 3mm diameter lol

Worth checking with a tyre garage though... From what i could find ideal tyre width for an 8.0 is 225/235, minimum being 215, max being 245...

would be an incredibly harsh ride though... especially on the roads in this country!!! you may as well fit elastic bands to the rims ;)

A 225/30r19 would be very uncomfortable and look to thin on the car, 235/30r19 is the way to go for having a bit of comfort still.

as much comfort as a 30 profile can give lol ;)

either way, bet its still bumpy

Oh yeah it's gonna be hard either way, I had a Mondeo st200 and I first put full spax adjustables on it set to full hardness with the stock 17s but when I went to with 2254018 it nearly broke m 18s y back had to adjust them to full soft to make it comfy again.

Thanks for all the information guys,
Think ill look out for the comfort lower eibah springs and settle for the 18" rims instead of the 19"s
Wouldnt be so bad if it was just me driving around but ill have two kids in the back some of the time so aint worth the hard ride.
The quote elastic bands on the rims spelt it rite out for me lmao
18's should be better though shouldnt they?
And 40mm lowering springs...does this mean it lowers the car by 40mm or does it mean the car will be 40mm ground clearance when fitted.

#14 Mike77

Mike77

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

Lowers the car body towards the wheels, not ground clearance. You'll prob find it drops by a bit more than 40mm in real life terms, once they have been on a few days and settled, you'll be pleased with the way it looks.

#15 Lenny

Lenny

Retired Moderator

• FOC Supporters
  • 9,445 posts
Contributor

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

Lowers the car body towards the wheels, not ground clearance. You'll prob find it drops by a bit more than 40mm in real life terms, once they have been on a few days and settled, you'll be pleased with the way it looks.

Cool thanks,
Should be a good compramise then 18" rims with 40mm comfort springs.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users