AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

DieselPig

Ecoboost Fiesta

16 posts in this topic

Just been out for a test drive in the new ecoboost Fiesta 125 ps version and I am sold!

It drives just like a diesel with plenty of low down torque, I didn't rev the !Removed! of it as it was brand new but compared to my 1.6 TDCi it has plenty of grunt low down and at 70 on the motorway.

The steering also has more weight and it does feel more planted on the road. Taking off with that 3 cylinder engine sounds lovely, would be even better with a fruity exhaust!

One thing I did notice is Ford have removed the peeling door seals.

Absolutely love it! :D

Glad you like it

I have the 100ps Zetec coming at the end of next week, built on the 15th December

I drove a Focus with the same engine yesterday and I agree, I absolutely love the engine and it makes such a nice noise, you wouldn't believe it was a 1 litre, so smooth and quiet.

Problem is I am now being pestered into trading mine in by the dealer!

Hi Mick

Let us know what you get to the gallon I have read that Focus owners are not pleased with the factory mpg figures so a lighter car may give better results.

Will do, book says that the 100ps version should do 65 mpg average, large pinch of salt with that. If I get better than my current 1.25's low to mid 40's I'll be happy, mostly around town.

Wanted to go for the 125ps. But it's only for the Zetec S and the two Titanium's.

I picked up my focus ZS 1.0 on Thursday and it's currently sat at 34mpg..takes a few thousand miles to bed in and get used to your driving style so will hopefully go up. Other focus owners have said that doing mainly motorway driving like I do they've seen returns of near 50mpg..which for a petrol is just unheard of!

Going from my fiesta 1.6tdci the focus is amazing! Ecoboost is the way to go if your mileage isn't too high!

I too have driven the 125PS Fez, was reasonably impressed but not enough so to think about getting one over my diesel. My diesel's currently quicker and feels better on the road, but then again I've done a little bit to mine :P

May see if the speedo, light switches and dimming switch and door cards are compatible with the on face-lift though.

I picked up my focus ZS 1.0 on Thursday and it's currently sat at 34mpg..takes a few thousand miles to bed in and get used to your driving style so will hopefully go up. Other focus owners have said that doing mainly motorway driving like I do they've seen returns of near 50mpg..which for a petrol is just unheard of!

Going from my fiesta 1.6tdci the focus is amazing! Ecoboost is the way to go if your mileage isn't too high!

Where do I go for pics of your new car mr brown?

:P

Where do I go for pics of your new car mr brown?

:P

I shall make a thread :)

I shall make a thread :)

Good answer ;) I hear James A was so jelous he wants to upgrade too lol

Good answer ;) I hear James A was so jelous he wants to upgrade too lol

Haha he was quite tempted yes :)

Haha he was quite tempted yes :)

Even got a finance quote, in fact, on a race red ZS 1 litre, with 18 inch alloys, privacy glass, cruise, city pack and door edge protectors. Whoever gets that car is a lucky devil!

Decided I'm going to keep my zetec and slowly purchase the ZS body kit (got two items already!)

Oooo did you get a pic?

I loved my Colorado red zetec s fiesta. Wasn't too sure if it'd suit the focus as well!

It was one the dealer found on the system coming in to the country so I never saw it, but there are a couple of pics of one exactly like it if you just google image search race red focus zetec s... I think aside from white, it's one of the smarter colours for the ZS :)

It was one the dealer found on the system coming in to the country so I never saw it, but there are a couple of pics of one exactly like it if you just google image search race red focus zetec s... I think aside from white, it's one of the smarter colours for the ZS :)

Well done for adding that line in James ;)

Well done for adding that line in James ;)

;)