#16 Steve

Steve

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,912 posts
  • Ford Model: Kugy
Contributor

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

Livesms, I removed your post as it linked to a site that had content that we would not like to link to (!Removed! and provocative images)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Livesms

Livesms

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Name: Gatler
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta MK7 2012 1.4TDCI
  • Year: 2012

Posted 14 August 2013 - 03:54 PM

Livesms, I removed your post as it linked to a site that had content that we would not like to link to (!Removed! and provocative images)

I'm sorry. Damn imagehosting banners.

Can I ask one more without any links.

Thinking about changing stock audio on my Ford Fiesta MK7 (2012) to get GPS, DVD, BT and rear camera.
Have not found any variant with Android – only WinCE 6.0:
- Witson W2-C152 FIESTA 2011 - (shipping from China - US $ 285.00/ Piece)
- Redpower TN-1803 for FORD Fiesta  (at local markets).
Does anyone has an right experience for aftermarket upgrading stock audio ? Which one is better to chose ?

As for Witson W2-C152 FIESTA 2011 - Interested if Witson W2-C152 FIESTA 2011 correctly works with CAN bus Ford Fiesta MK7 2012 (they says after 2009 CAN bus was changed so old devices can not control wheel buttons).
At photo gallery W2-C152 looks like device has second small  screen – interesting what is it for ?

#18 Steve

Steve

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,912 posts
  • Ford Model: Kugy
Contributor

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

you can upload photos here, click on the more reply options beneath the reply box

#19 Livesms

Livesms

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

Chase, thanks for good quality photos.

After some time - are you satisfacted with the result ?

What year built is your car ?

Can you tell us where did you bought you device ? What is the product name ?

#20 bridgo

bridgo

Settling In Well

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Name: karl
  • Ford Model: fiesta
  • Year: 2011

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

i was looking at buying one of these for my 2011 zetec it is a non bluetooth model , glad i read this dont think ill bother now.

#21 Livesms

Livesms

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:38 AM

i was looking at buying one of these for my 2011 zetec it is a non bluetooth model , glad i read this dont think ill bother now.

And what was your decision ? Have you upgrade your stock audio ?

#22 Livesms

Livesms

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

you can upload photos here, click on the more reply options beneath the reply box

Big thanks. I'll try.

Thinking about changing stock audio on my Ford Fiesta MK7 (2012) to get GPS, DVD, BT and rear camera.

Have not found any variant with Android – only WinCE 6.0:

- Witson W2-C152 FIESTA 2011 - (shipping from China - US $ 285.00/ Piece)

Witson-W2-C152.jpg

- Redpower TN-1803 for FORD Fiesta  (at local markets).

RedPower-TN-1803.jpg

Does anyone has an right experience for aftermarket upgrading stock audio ? Which one is better to chose ?

As for Witson W2-C152 FIESTA 2011 - Interested if Witson W2-C152 FIESTA 2011 correctly works with CAN bus Ford Fiesta MK7 2012 (they says after 2009 CAN bus was changed so old devices can not control wheel buttons).

At photo gallery W2-C152 looks like device has second small  screen – interesting what is it for ?

#23 Livesms

Livesms

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

Long story with Ford Fiesta GPS.

After long hesitating ordered Witson C152 GPS DVD device. Paid Sep 07 2013, only Sep 22 2013 it was shipped and finally Oct 02 2013 I received the parcel.

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg

First of all I was confused with black frame (my Ford Fiesta has silver plastic dashboard) but silver frame was added too (it was placed under the main unit).

06.jpg

07.jpg

Here is the "main unit".

12-01.jpg 12-02.jpg 12-03.jpg 12-04.jpg 12-05.jpg 12-06.jpg

Also there was huge mass of cables and connectors :) Seller provided me with "Unit socket sketch map"

05.jpg

Checked the package of cables using map and real device - everything ok

8-00-All.jpg 8.jpg 9.jpg

Silver frame has some plastic / glass inside - made as fake screen. It's all with scratches with non accurate drilled holes and it disturbed me if it will be in use :(

Those frames (silver and black) has different mounting - so it was making me think something was not exactly I expect.

Decided to install all the things with official Ford service station (because of warranty limitation).
Went to service station, left the car but told service man with every question or moot point to contact me, as I left nearby (don't know as it in other countries - but in our local service clients are not allowed to be in repair zone).

During "the process" service man said the main unit was placed ideally. But damn frames for placing stock screen was making a problem.

Neither of the two will not fit for stock screen. Stock screen does not fit the plate (assembled screen is too large), if disassemble it (take out screen and electronic scheme) screen does not fit white plastic piece provided with black frame and some black box inserted into silver frame. Made some photos of the stock screen without plastic cover (with silver frame and plastic piece for black frame).

10.jpg 11.jpg

I was told that there is no way to install stock screen into provided frames (see attached files). And "starting the car without stock screen is impossible because of system failure".

Everything was return back as it was originally :(

Does anybody has a detalized photos of stock screen (disassembled - strictly speaking screen and electronic plate) for Ford Fiesta MK7 (2012) ?

Is it true that "starting the car without stock screen is impossible because of system failure" ?

What can happened if I try to start the car without stock screen.

Sorry for my English.

#24 m000752

m000752

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Fred
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
  • Year: 2011

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:36 PM

hi   , i had the same trouble to make the stock screen inside  i will send some pictures later on , but i can start without the stock screen no problem

Sorry for my English

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users