Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 ronalex

ronalex

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Ford Model: 2006 Focus Titanium Diesel Estate
Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

At renewal the docs I had from Tesco said that as far as they were concerned I was at fault. When I contacted them they said this was normal until the claim was cleared. Had a letter from Tescp today after a query from me, saying that the others insurers had accepted liability, but until they had recovered all their costs as far as they were concerned I was at fault!! So they say they agree I'm not at fault but they aint going to do anything about it. Looks like time to consider moving.

#18 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,648 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

Complete opposite to my experience, some old coot came out of a junction into the side of my Discovery and made a mess of the wing (didn't even notice he'd run in me until the horn was beeped...), I thought it was a write off (old Discovery) as a new wing was probably worth more than the vehicle lol, instead it was repaired and ended up with a Dodge Nitro for 3 weeks (probably again in rental cost worth more than the Land Rover).

to cut a long story short. my uncle has a body shop and told me of one of his recent experiences with an insurance company.

similar to yourself in a way. an old Isuzu 4x4 worth buttons was hit by another car. cost of the damage was about £500 so the car was written off... few days later they phoned and had changed their mind and wanted to repair the vehicle.
they paid for a hire car for the guy... 15 grand later! he got his car back! they had to wait on a tail light coming from the dealer somewhere abroad.
and it turns out the guy only uses it for fishing so all he wanted was the tail light fixed to make it legal again and wasnt fussed about paint damage :lol: which he could have sourced second hand for pennies

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users